centre speakers of manufacturer different from front speakers

S

sand87

Audioholic
i have a yamaha RX-V685 with two Polk S20 speakers in a 2.0 setup.Slowly setting up purchasing speakers one by one.
Was planning to get Polk S30 as centres but it would be helpful if anyone here could suggest a better centre speaker to pair with the Polk S20.My doubt is if thats possible and if that would ruin the sound.Am a noob.Hence help would be appreciiated

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
At a glance it seems like the s30 would match pretty good. In the future, I would consider moving the s20’s to surround duty, and upgrade the LR speakers. At some point, you’ll probably outgrow just about any entry level speakers, but all in due time...

S

sand87

Audioholic
At a glance it seems like the s30 would match pretty good. In the future, I would consider moving the s20’s to surround duty, and upgrade the LR speakers. At some point, you’ll probably outgrow just about any entry level speakers, but all in due time...
upgrade to towers or higher models unmean ?

S

sand87

Audioholic
What's wrong with the S30 or S35?
nothing.just wanted to find out if better ones are out there.actually i was choosing between the qacoustics and elac 6.2 before buying front speakers but aettled on polk after some users saying that the elacs arent as good for movie dialogues and all.dont know as i dont have the means to audition.hence wanted to check if for centres i need to go for any better ones?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Your Front three speakers should match and be from the same brand and series of speaker

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
nothing.just wanted to find out if better ones are out there.actually i was choosing between the qacoustics and elac 6.2 before buying front speakers but aettled on polk after some users saying that the elacs arent as good for movie dialogues and all.dont know as i dont have the means to audition.hence wanted to check if for centres i need to go for any better ones?
Are you using an iPhone XR? Lol
I always hit the damn .
Yes. That’s the period button. Drives me nuts.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Yep. Exactly. Happens to us all...
ha ha.i have my eyes set on the S60 or S55 for that matter but since my room is 15*15sq foot i was wondering if the bookshelves considering polk S20s are big ones wud be enough.also skeptical if the yamaha RX-V 685 will be able to drive towers properly without considerable effect on sound quality overall

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
ha ha.i have my eyes set on the S60 or S55 for that matter but since my room is 15*15sq foot i was wondering if the bookshelves considering polk S20s are big ones wud be enough.also skeptical if the yamaha RX-V 685 will be able to drive towers properly without considerable effect on sound quality overall
Most of the time, towers(good ones) are easier to drive. The bigger drivers are more sensitive and present less load. Not always but generally. Unless your running them hard, you should be good with the Yamaha.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis