Centre channel height placement question

H

harwoodj

Enthusiast
I have small room (4metres X 5metres) I have recently purchased a 5.1 Tannoy FX speaker package. I have mounted a speaker in each top corner of the room. I have also mounted the centre channel (which is identical to the other 4 speakers) in the centre position about the TV but at the same height as the other speakers. I have the powered Tannoy sub on the floor (left hand side of the TV) I'm using a Yamaha RX-V650 AV, will this centre channel placement work ok. I plan on running wires through the roof/walls next week but I've been told the centre channel should be at eye level, but I like all the speakers where I have put them. This is not a big dollar setup so will it really make that much difference? The Yamaha has the new optimizer setup mic feature, surely that will make the necessary adjustments for me.

Justin

R

Red

Audioholic
you did not say how tall your ceiling is. It might not be optimum, but just be sure that the center speaker is angled downward to ear level at the main listening position

H

harwoodj

Enthusiast
Speakers are placed at 2.1 metres off the floor (standard ceiling height) and the Tannoy brackets only swivel left and right not up and down.

Thankyou

Justin

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Optimally, all "voice" speakers such as the tweeters and midranges should be at ear level. Not all installations allow this placement, so making sure you have a bullseye angle towards the main listening position is a must. Other listeners in the room will be most affected by this near ceiling setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis