Center Speaker to go with JTR NOESIS 212RT's

F

Fargus

Audiophyte
I am about (after the 4-5 month wait for them to be built!) to upgrade to the JTR 212RT's, but don't have room to get a JTR to use as the center. I currently have a Paradigm CC-690 and plan on using that for now. That is about as big as I can go for a center. Any ideas? Best case scenario the Paradigm sounds good with the JTR's and I save a little money not having to upgrade.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You have put yourself in an awkward predicament. You got yourself some extremely wide dynamic range left and right front stage speakers, but you are bottle-necked by the speaker that needs the most dynamic range of all channels, the center. I hope this system will be used for two-channel stuff mostly. You might just take out the center. If you are mostly only listening at the sweet spot, the front left and right speakers can do a pretty good job of emulating the center by themselves.

F

Fargus

Audiophyte
my av stand was custom made to fit the cc-690. Trying to avoid getting rid of that, but im open to the idea if need be

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
my av stand was custom made to fit the cc-690. Trying to avoid getting rid of that, but im open to the idea if need be
Yeah, you might want to sell it. If you go JTR you have to use all JTR.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I don't mean to keep repeating everyone but there is no way that center is going to keep up with those speakers

Ya gotta ditch the stand

F

Fargus

Audiophyte
gonna try and cut the middle of the top off of my stand. Just need 3 more inches (insert joke here) Could go with the 210RM if it works out.

Thanks for the help everyone.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
gonna try and cut the middle of the top off of my stand. Just need 3 more inches (insert joke here) Could go with the 210RM if it works out.

Thanks for the help everyone.
At this point, you gotta post us a pic of the stand. :) What makes this so special?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis