Center speaker question/dilemma.

N

Needbass

Junior Audioholic
I have a7.1 receiver but only a using a 5.1 setup right now

For my front three speakers I have 3 Insigina NS-B2111’s (yes I got them because they are cheap). But honestly, with TrueHD and DTS MA soundtracks, it all sound terrific to me. I am using one of them as a center speaker because I was told the front speaker needed to “match” the side speakers for good panning etc. etc. and that was the best option out there. I am now thinking about getting a traditional center channel speaker and I want it to “match” the sides. But at the same time, I may need it to match future better speakers a couple of years down the line

Traditional wisdom probably says “wait and get them all at once”, but I am curious if anyone knows of a good center speaker that works well with many types of front speakers.

I cannot break the bank. I’d like to keep it under 200 bucks if possible. But will take advice and speakers over 200 dollars.

Here are the specs of the Insigina NS-B2111’s

Max power handling
120w

Frequency response
50hz – 20khz

Sensitivity
90dB

Impedence
8ohms

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
I second that, never buy any center speaker w/o knowing what the other speakers will be first.
Always stay with the same speaker company and series for all speakers used in any given MC system.

N

Needbass

Junior Audioholic
yes - you're right. Shouldnt be spending money in this economy anyways. thanks for the info guys and the link. rereading it again right now.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing wrong with spending money it actually helps the economy.

N

Needbass

Junior Audioholic
:) I've been stimulating the heck out of it lately. time to take a break though

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis