B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i was thinking of upgrading my center channel i have a small energy center channel which i think is to small. well i was in visions electronics yesterday they carry soundstsge speakers which i have. so i bought the C2 soundstage center. they were asking like 428 bucks but i got him down to 300 and a extra year warranty. now iam 2nd guessing on buying this even at 300. does anyone have one of these? orwould it be better to take this back and get the definitive CS-9060 for a little over 200 bucks more?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i was thinking of upgrading my center channel i have a small energy center channel which i think is to small. well i was in visions electronics yesterday they carry soundstsge speakers which i have. so i bought the C2 soundstage center. they were asking like 428 bucks but i got him down to 300 and a extra year warranty. now iam 2nd guessing on buying this even at 300. does anyone have one of these? orwould it be better to take this back and get the definitive CS-9060 for a little over 200 bucks more?
I had never heard of Sound Stage speakers, but they are division of Erickson, a junk manufacturer. Definitive may be a step up, but not a brand I'm fond of. So my advice is to keep all the speakers the same quality. Heaven knows what those speakers sound like, but my hunch is not good. So you might as well make everything match.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
they actually sound alright . but since the center channel is the most important i thought maybe i should get a better one

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
i decided to not even open this box and take it back. i ended up buying the definitive CS 9060 center channel which i think i will be happier with and now slowly replace my towers. if it was up to me i would do it all in one shot but my wife rolls her eyes because she thinks every speaker is the same lol

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
i decided to not even open this box and take it back. i ended up buying the definitive CS 9060 center channel which i think i will be happier with and now slowly replace my towers. if it was up to me i would do it all in one shot but my wife rolls her eyes because she thinks every speaker is the same lol
Probably far better then whatever brand center you returned it for that I’ve never heard of.
I’m running phantom until I get a used tv stand .

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I am 7 feet from viewing my 55" 4K TV, 7 feet from both angled mains, and 6-1/2 feet from the center channel. This is what I call my near field listening. All front tweeters are at ear level. My problem has been the TV people's voices/dialog projecting/blending in coming from the screen itself. Finding the right balance with having several center channel speakers, Klipsch R-25C, R-51C, RP-400C, PSB XC, and Elac C5.2, and going back and forth with the last three over time, the RP-400C has won the award in my 5.1 system. My basement HT room is 8 X 10.

The center channel is 4" below the TV screen on open shelving, and 3 feet from rear wall. The Klipsch RP-400C is best for my near field dialog, in watching TV and movies. Funny how things can sync or not.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I am 7 feet from viewing my 55" 4K TV, 7 feet from both angled mains, and 6-1/2 feet from the center channel. This is what I call my near field listening. All front tweeters are at ear level. My problem has been the TV people's voices/dialog projecting/blending in coming from the screen itself. Finding the right balance with having several center channel speakers, Klipsch R-25C, R-51C, RP-400C, PSB XC, and Elac C5.2, and going back and forth with the last three over time, the RP-400C has won the award in my 5.1 system. My basement HT room is 8 X 10.

The center channel is 4" below the TV screen on open shelving, and 3 feet from rear wall. The Klipsch RP-400C is best for my near field dialog, in watching TV and movies. Funny how things can sync or not.
take a look at my post today i bought a whole set of divinitive speakers. i think i did alright

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis