Center Channel set up

D

DB boy

Enthusiast
I've heard discussions about setting up two center channel speakers for a theater room. I am asking how you go about doing that. Does it require a seperate amp or receiver. My current set up includes a Yamaha RX-V2500 receiver, M80TI front speakers, VP150 center channel, and a SVS PB-12/2 subwoofer. Would I need anything else to set up another center channel besides another center channel speaker and the wires? Thanks for your help.

S

sivadselim

Audioholic
There are ways to connect 2 speakers to a single amp channel, but for what you are trying to accomplish I wouldn't recommend it. Ideally, if you really want 2 center channel speakers, you need another available channel of amplification.

However, bear in mind, there are many acoustic problems associated with running dual centers and I would recommend avoiding doing it if you can.

Why do you want 2 centers?

D

DB boy

Enthusiast
No particular reason except for curiosity. My room isn't big enough to have two center channels really. I was just reading the review on the axiom speakers and it mentioned the possibility of adding another center channel to the mix. I was just curious as to how you would go about doing that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
DB boy said:
No particular reason except for curiosity. My room isn't big enough to have two center channels really. I was just reading the review on the axiom speakers and it mentioned the possibility of adding another center channel to the mix. I was just curious as to how you would go about doing that.

Perhaps you were thinking of the two 'rear' center channel speakers? That is somewhat different.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
sivadselim said:
However, bear in mind, there are many acoustic problems associated with running dual centers and I would recommend avoiding doing it if you can.
.....Sivadselim, have you ever tried two centers high and low with both on seperate amp sections?....or two with one on both sides of a tv with both on seperate amp sections?....what are the many acoustic problems associated with doing that?....I don't see "cancellation" being a problem if you have a Behringer DCX 2496 cutting the signals with 48 db of rolloff per octave and assigning a volume level for each....what would be the many other problems?....I'm serious, only looking for the truth, and about to employ high and low centers......

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
mtrycrafts said:
Perhaps you were thinking of the two 'rear' center channel speakers? That is somewhat different.
.....(groan).....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis