Center channel for elac b6.2

K

krisp

Audiophyte
I have just stepped in to audiophile zone, bought an elac b6.2, denon x250bt to drive them. My room size is 15*10. Planning to add a center channel. could you please suggest a suitable center.
1) c6.2 or c5.2 considering my room size and avr?
2) any other brands??
3) denon x250bt enough to drive 3.0(b6.2 and c6.2/5.2)??

Note:
1) No plans for sub or surround,
2) i have already read another thread with a similar questions, just couldn't make a decision based on that.

Thanks.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Is this what you have

You want to keep the center channel speaker in the same family same series as remains

W

WMalinak

Audioholic Intern
I agree with "keeping in the same family".
My taste certainly would add a sub....but, I get you don't want.

Might not be timely (given you were looking 4 weeks ago), but both Debut Elac Center Channel Speakers are on SALE-- looks like some end 06feb2021. 20% or more off.

DC52, DC62: list 230, 330
  • Crutchf: 180, 260
  • Elac direct: 180, 260
  • Amzn: 180, 220 !!!
  • BB: not (but they match)
Be Safe.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I may suggest the Center Channel does not have to be the same as the mains. Go with what you can afford with having great reproduction for mains and center, but the Center Channel is the most important for DD movies or any movies for that matter. You will hear sounds that you never heard before at low or high volume. Good Luck.

For mains: Polk S-15 or S-20 or JBL A130. Center Channel - Look for independent reviews/ratings and decide....too.

W

WMalinak

Audioholic Intern
I may suggest the Center Channel does not have to be the same as the mains. Go with what you can afford with having great reproduction for mains and center...
It would appear that the originator of this thread (krisp) isn't participating anymore.

Hypothetically, given krisp's mains (DB62 already purchased) and choice of AVR the DC62 would have been a good starting place. It is clear & accurate and (until tomorrow) on a nice sale.

But, I get your assertion "does not have to be the same"...I use 3 centers that don't match their mains. However, after auditioning they certainly match/compliment their mains (Linn, B&W, KEF).

Be Safe.

K

krisp

Audiophyte
It would appear that the originator of this thread (krisp) isn't participating anymore.

Hypothetically, given krisp's mains (DB62 already purchased) and choice of AVR the DC62 would have been a good starting place. It is clear & accurate and (until tomorrow) on a nice sale.

But, I get your assertion "does not have to be the same"...I use 3 centers that don't match their mains. However, after auditioning they certainly match/compliment their mains (Linn, B&W, KEF).

Be Safe.
not gone certainly, :) just got stuck with other activities. Thanks for the suggestions btw. Just wanted to make sure I'm not killing my denon amp by adding a center... :)

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Not going to hurt the Denon based on anything I can see, and I agree with @lovingthehd that a third identical speaker is the standard that mastering studios use, that movie theaters use, and that I would (and do) use whenever possible.

K

krisp

Audiophyte
Not going to hurt the Denon based on anything I can see, and I agree with @lovingthehd that a third identical speaker is the standard that mastering studios use, that movie theaters use, and that I would (and do) use whenever possible.
Thanks for the opinion

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Not to troll, but I've been looking at this Elac series of speakers and am intrigued. Wondering if there is anything better in this price range. Thinking they would pair well with 2 svs pb1000s

W

WMalinak

Audioholic Intern
not gone certainly, :) just got stuck with other activities. Thanks for the suggestions btw. Just wanted to make sure I'm not killing my denon amp by adding a center... :)
Glad to hear from you!!! Have you picked up a center yet?

I have been demoing a couple other brands (B&W HTM6 and Wharfedale EV04.CS).

However, after listing the Elac prices for you, I decided to hear a couple myself (DC62 and UC52, their 3-way).
I got the DC62 (via BB, reg 330, price matched) for 220, but it arrived with bottom/back corner dent and the took 10% more off! Seems all Elac Debut sales ended 06feb.
The UC52 (a 3-way) was full price at 400.
Not much time with either, yet.

Though the DC62 is in 4th place, it is NOT a laggard.
At that price it will likely end up with a friend that is looking.

Be Safe!

W

WMalinak

Audioholic Intern
Not to troll, but I've been looking at this Elac series of speakers and am intrigued. Wondering if there is anything better in this price range. Thinking they would pair well with 2 svs pb1000s
Ok Troller. :cool:
Elac is pretty new to me, but I've liked all their kit, so far.
I'd mentioned centers above, but borrowed a pair of their UB52 (Uni-Fi Bookshelf, 3-way).
I tried them in my big room, swapping out my mains.
That system happens to have a pair of SVS PB2000pro.
They held their own in stereo mode to medium high volumes...very good sound stage.

You looking at BS or Floor Standers?
Do you have the SVS pair already?
Did you check out their OUTLET SALE at 9am EST today? Scores of subs were gone in first hour.
(I ended up with another PB2000pro for a different room today -- already shipped!).

Be Safe & Listen More!

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Ok Troller. :cool:
Elac is pretty new to me, but I've liked all their kit, so far.
I'd mentioned centers above, but borrowed a pair of their UB52 (Uni-Fi Bookshelf, 3-way).
I tried them in my big room, swapping out my mains.
That system happens to have a pair of SVS PB2000pro.
They held their own in stereo mode to medium high volumes...very good sound stage.

You looking at BS or Floor Standers?
Do you have the SVS pair already?
Did you check out their OUTLET SALE at 9am EST today? Scores of subs were gone in first hour.
(I ended up with another PB2000pro for a different room today -- already shipped!).

Be Safe & Listen More!
Floor standing. Looking to build a 5.2.4 ish system. No on the svs yet. Just doing my homework before any purchases.

W

WMalinak

Audioholic Intern
Floor standing. Looking to build a 5.2.4 ish system. No on the svs yet. Just doing my homework before any purchases.
I didn't hear your price range, but I just posted in SALES that I saw the Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 bits (i.e., their lowest 3-ways) are on sale until 19feb2021.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis