lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I still have mixed feelings about this phone. On one hand, it is the best phone (and by phone, I mean a device to call people) that I have ever used. The clarity and reception is top notch.

The email is a little strange to me as it just gives you a pop-up at the top of the screen that tells you you have a notification. I want the email icon to show me how many emails I have.

There also seems to be a lot of redundancy. It's like if you want to delete a text it has too many steps to do it.

You hit "delete"

It says: "you sure you want to delete"

Hit delete again and it says "you really sure?"

Hit it again

It says: "you may need this later, you sure?"

Hit yes

It says" "I'm not sure you want to delete this, I'm going to keep it"

Then I trow it.

I am sure I still need to learn more about it but my iPhone seemed much easier to navigate.
You can customize nearly everything on a droid.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Rita loves her Iphone (and Ipad) and all her electronic toys and has apps coing out the arse but me, I'm somewhat of a luddite here. I still love my trusty titanium Motorola RAZR V3 and will cry wen it finally dies.

But, all hope is not lost! I still have Rita's pink one lying in wait for when that happens. Now, if I can just reconcile using a pink phone...

I will say, though, that the weekly facetime with the grandkids makes the Iphone pretty useful.
I'll hook you up - I think I still have my old silver or dark grey one around somewhere... if I didn't toss it.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
You can customize nearly everything on a droid.
If its possible for the email notification to let you know how many new ones you have, I'd love to know...

And if I can automatically delete the texts Alex sends me without having to view them, that'd be pretty useful too.

Oh, I already threw it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If its possible for the email notification to let you know how many new ones you have, I'd love to know...

And if I can automatically delete the texts Alex sends me without having to view them, that'd be pretty useful too.

Oh, I already threw it.
That's the two things I am looking for too.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
If you press and hold a text thread you can delete the entire thread with one button press. On my GS3 it only confirms once if I delete a single message. I never actually tried to delete a text message before I read this thread and now I'm running the Jellybean official update leak so maybe it's different. My email app also shows the number of unread emails.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If you press and hold a text thread you can delete the entire thread with one button press. On my GS3 it only confirms once if I delete a single message. I never actually tried to delete a text message before I read this thread and now I'm running the Jellybean official update leak so maybe it's different. My email app also shows the number of unread emails.
The "delete the entire thread" did work. Thanks

Tell me more about your email notification.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I love you, man.

I'll hook you up - I think I still have my old silver or dark grey one around somewhere... if I didn't toss it.
I'd much appreciate it. Rick and Alex already offered to send me matching pink flip-flops.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If Verizon is your carrier, they have a good support page tailored to each specific device.
Step by step instructions and videos.
Support

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Oh, I already threw it.
I use gmail, but I'm sure numerous third party apps support this. It shows the number of new messages on the notification.

I know that certain pictures can discourage Alex. ;)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I use gmail, but I'm sure numerous third party apps support this. It shows the number of new messages on the notification.

Yeah, I use gmail also... I like the built in app for it, but I might start looking for something different.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I use gmail too but the icon doesn't show anything, I just get a notification at the top of the screen

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Verizon is my carrier, thanks.
Oh I thought you meant if you slide down the top bar to see the notification details. (which you may not know about. I didn't figure it out until a few months after owning the phone).

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Oh I thought you meant if you slide down the top bar to see the notification details. (which you may not know about. I didn't figure it out until a few months after owning the phone).
Yeah, I know all about that... I would just like the notification area at the top where the gmail envelope is displayed to tell me how many... its not a big deal, but would be a nice feature. I also have 4 different gmail domains- it would be nice if the notification area would distinguish before I slide it down.. not a huge deal.

I'm on verizon also. Maybe Greg and I can throw our phones at each other.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I know all about that... I would just like the notification area at the top where the gmail envelope is displayed to tell me how many... its not a big deal, but would be a nice feature. I also have 4 different gmail domains- it would be nice if the notification area would distinguish before I slide it down.. not a huge deal.

I'm on verizon also. Maybe Greg and I can throw our phones at each other.
I'm betting the notifications are icon driven though. I'm not sure they do dynamic images.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I use Hotmail, now Outlook.com, and I use the built in Samsung email app. I don't use my Gmail account so maybe it's that which doesn't show the unread count.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, I use the slide down notification but I want to see how many emails I have with a quick glance at the icon.. This will become my work phone in January and the number of emails usually determines if it's time to pull over and check them when I am on the road.

I will be using Outlook once I begin using it as a work phone so maybe that will change things?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis