S

swann294

Audiophyte
Any recommendations for quality ceiling speakers. I'm completing 11.2 system. I currently have infinity and JBL. I am leaning towards JBL's.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Junk, but loud?

There are many who will tell you to avoid in-ceiling speakers, and I'm typically one of them, but I accept them as a necessary evil. I would not buy JBL, pretty much ever. They are not designed around home theater really, and add a premium price which isn't warranted to their build quality.

If you have any bedrooms above the audio space, then do NOT use in-ceiling speakers. Half the audio will bleed upward, right into the living space above it. It makes the audio and speakers unusable while there are people in rooms above it. Especially if those rooms are sleeping areas. Instead, on-wall, or in-wall speakers are a much better overall choice.

For in-ceiling speakers, this is one of my favorites:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10837&cs_id=1083702&p_id=4929&seq=1&format=2

The angled speaker gives better directionality to the audio, and the use of a 8" two-way design gives better bass response compared to 6" in-ceiling models.

But, I would opt for these instead if possible:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10837&cs_id=1083702&p_id=6816&seq=1&format=2

Which offers a 3-way design, good bass response, and by using in-walls you get audio closer to where it should be and isolated from rooms above (but not rooms behind the walls).

S

swann294

Audiophyte
okay, the ceiling speakers will mainly be used for sort of an atmos effect. My other speakers r traditional surrounds. The ceiling speakers

S

swann294

Audiophyte
Sorry for not completing the above comments. As I should've stated, the ceiling speakers will be my height speakers. right now, I have surround L/R JBL in-walls, LR surround infinity bookshelf speakers, and infinity tower fronts, and infinity primus center. To complete my system, I am planning to add three ceiling height speakers, so my thought is to continue with same brand, or maybe try paradigm ceiling speakers. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis