Ceiling speakers system for a party house

S

svabo

Audiophyte
I'm renovating a house and would like to install a ceiling speakers system. The space that needs to be covered is marked red in square (drawings of the space is in the attachment, ceiling is 2,5m high)
The speaker system would have to be able to produce balanced sound through all of the space as it would be used for house parties with loud dance, techno and trance music but in a way that it doesn't bother neighbours. So we need full rich sound and strong bass in a way that there aren't sound "hotspots" but that the sound permeates the whole marked space as one whole sound.
I was thinking about arranging left and right speakers at the corners of the room and subs in the middle as shown on second picture.
Any advice on the matter?

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm renovating a house and would like to install a ceiling speakers system. The space that needs to be covered is marked red in square (drawings of the space is in the attachment, ceiling is 2,5m high)
The speaker system would have to be able to produce balanced sound through all of the space as it would be used for house parties with loud dance, techno and trance music but in a way that it doesn't bother neighbours. So we need full rich sound and strong bass in a way that there aren't sound "hotspots" but that the sound permeates the whole marked space as one whole sound.
I was thinking about arranging left and right speakers at the corners of the room and subs in the middle as shown on second picture.
Any advice on the matter?
Only advice is don't! Ceiling speakers are for background music and NOT high spl.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And go mono if you insist on the ceiling spread for the stated purpose. But ceiling would be my last choice except for Atmos type speakers.

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Beringer 215xl
I wouldn't recommend Behringer anything to anyone. Coin flip it fails within 6 months of purchase under normal use. Local music gear shop where I used to live quit selling Behringer gear because of the sheer volume of warranty work that kept coming back. And their warranty is only 90d labor, 1y parts, so you can imagine how much of it crapped out after the warranty was over.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis