CDT 5800-C II Placement

J

jaydev

Audiophyte
Hello!
Can you advice where to install CDT 5800-C II speakers in ceiling for my Marantz SR 7011 receiver? My media room dimension is 15ftx18ft with 10ft ceiliing.
I have four of these. Thinking whether to go with 2 speakers or 4 speakers. Can you advice if I install only 2 speakers where to place and if I install 4 speakers where to place them?

Untitled.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The surrounds are more in a position of rear surround, you can't move those to the sides? How about in-wall being a choice? What speaker channels do you intend for your ceiling speakers?

J

jaydev

Audiophyte
The surrounds are more in a position of rear surround, you can't move those to the sides? How about in-wall being a choice? What speaker channels do you intend for your ceiling speakers?
Forgot to inform that I already have the pictured setup (5.1) I cant move surround as I dont have provision to move to the sides :( (because of the door on left and window on right)
the speaker channel I am intending is either 5.1.2 or 5.1.4. Bit confused whether to go with 5.1.2 or 5.1.4.
I have extra subwoofer, which can make 5.2.x too!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How far away from the rear wall does that seating put you? Is there a reason it sits so far back?

J

jaydev

Audiophyte
How far away from the rear wall does that seating put you? Is there a reason it sits so far back?
The Listening position is 4 ft from wall. I have a step (5ft x 10ft) for seating. If needed I can bring the chair down off the step.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis