CD Transport with Samsung Q90R soundbar?

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
My main Home Cinema system in the lounge is based around the Samsung Q90R Soundbar and one issue I have with it is that it has no analog input and so I cannot use my Marantz CD6006 CD player with RCA cables. I don't want to use the Marantz (with its own excellent DAC) as a mere transport and so am hooking it up in another room with RCA cables.

But I would still like to have the option of being able to listen to CD music through a dedicated CD transport player (rather than the 4k BD player) in the lounge. I am thinking of getting the Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport and link it to the Samsung Soundbar's unoccupied Optical input. Will that work?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose it would work, but why not simply use the 4k BD player? It should be more than adequate for such.

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
I suppose it would work, but why not simply use the 4k BD player? It should be more than adequate for such.
My OCD I guess. Never liked using DVD or later BD players to play CD music. That sentiment makes sense if I am using a CD player with its own DAC like the Marantz but not a transport; I know, but there it is.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My OCD I guess. Never liked using DVD or later BD players to play CD music. That sentiment makes sense if I am using a CD player with its own DAC like the Marantz but not a transport; I know, but there it is.
Weird. Can't even imagine using your cd player myself....YMMV ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I would just get an inexpensive Panasonic or Sony Blu-ray player with the proper connectivity.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, but you're going to be listening through a sound bar.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

N

Nostromo

Junior Audioholic
Thanks people, but this OCD is like some of us still wanting to spin vinyl. I have a lot of old LPs which I play on my Pioneer PL-990 turntable when I could have got CDs or other formats for the same music a long time ago. I just have to have a dedicated good CD player to play CDs. I still have my 20-year old and superbly working NAD 540 but am taking that to India where we have another apartment and plan to spend 6 months of the year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis