CD player tray malfunction

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds like perhaps a connection that's starting to go bad, perhaps a switch. Haven't needed to diy something like that but seems there are lots of help in tearing down/servicing such units on youtube if you spend some time filtering them....
I guess you're talking about the micro-switch in the very button 'open/close', right? Or somethin in that particular circuit?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess you're talking about the micro-switch in the very button 'open/close', right? Or somethin in that particular circuit?
Yeah just guessing about other things that might be checked, not sure of the details on your machine....the post about checking the mechanical tray that could be affecting it sounds like a good start, tho. Good luck.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
No shop has the belt I need. It's of to the Internet now. It ALWAYS takes so much time. You can never just take a walk to the shop and buy it. I don't really like the age of Amazon (does it show?)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No shop has the belt I need. It's of to the Internet now. It ALWAYS takes so much time. You can never just take a walk to the shop and buy it. I don't really like the age of Amazon (does it show?)
Often couldn't buy that sort of item at the local store either....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Same button to open and close the unit, right? If it always closes, you can rule out the button. That would seem to point to either a sensor or the motor as TLS suggested. There is some electronics between the button and motor but I think it's unlikely that the electronics would cause an intermittent issue. Usually the logic circuits would fail completely. I would make sure that the transport moves freely and smoothly in both directions. If the belt is the issue, you should see/feel the motor's pulley spin freely but from the photo the belt tension looks to be ok. Need to get a scope on the motor wiring to check for a signal. If you have a digital multimeter with a locking feature that locks in peak voltage, you can measure for voltage being applied to the motor and even if it is only briefly the locking feature will show whether a pulse was applied or not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis