CD Changers Out - Sonos System In

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, since nobody responded to my last post, I decided to go with Exact Audio Copy. It seems to work well. After a few hiccups, I think I have it pretty much figured out. So, out of 550 - 600 CD's, I've ripped about 10 to the NAS.:rolleyes: This is gonna take a while.:eek:

I also picked up the Sonos Connect and Boost yesterday. I have them set up and running. So far, so good.:)
+1 on EAC.

Yes, EAC takes some time to config properly, but hey, it's free.

I don't think EAC actually plays the files? Only rips them and compresses to FLAC. What I really like about EAC is that it checks for errors and let's you know that you got an exact copy.

I rip with EAC and play with FOOBAR.

Also, if you have multiple drives, you can simply open another instance of EAC and rip several at the same time to speed it up.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I believe you are correct about EAC not playing the FLAC file. Sonos does that.:) I only have a laptop for ripping, so unfortunately, it's one at a time.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I finally finished ripping all of my CDs.:) As for future music purchases, I'm not sure what format I'll go with. I suppose I have no need to buy any more CD's, but there's something about having the physical media in my possession...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally finished ripping all of my CDs.:) As for future music purchases, I'm not sure what format I'll go with. I suppose I have no need to buy any more CD's, but there's something about having the physical media in my possession...
Get the physical media. A lightening strike however improbable can still destroy all electronic storage systems in one's home and will leave you with nothing

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Replaced our router recently and then Sonos wouldn't work. After a bit of head-scratching, I discovered that the router had assigned a different IP address to "My Cloud" and Sonos couldn't access it. After adding the address to the Sonos settings, all is good.

Yeah, I know - big whoop.:rolleyes:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just curious, are WAV files worst case because of the space WAV files take up? I use windows media player which doesn't support FLAC. I can create Playlists with WMP, and I'm just used to using it so I never felt the need to change playback software.
Sorry, little wing, I missed this back when, but yes, I considered it worst case from the standpoint of how much storage capacity is needed for back-up.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
+1 on EAC.

Yes, EAC takes some time to config properly, but hey, it's free.

I don't think EAC actually plays the files? Only rips them and compresses to FLAC. What I really like about EAC is that it checks for errors and let's you know that you got an exact copy.

I rip with EAC and play with FOOBAR.

Also, if you have multiple drives, you can simply open another instance of EAC and rip several at the same time to speed it up.
Hmm... never tried EAC. I've always used foobar to rip and play. Any advantages ripping with eac?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hmm... never tried EAC. I've always used foobar to rip and play. Any advantages ripping with eac?
It can check against a database to see how "accurate" your rip is and has some tools for damaged discs....and it's free :) Never tried ripping with foobar2000 altho I use it (and also free altho I donated); have used EAC for all my ripping.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis