cat proofing speaker grills

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I have both. The dog has knocked over one of my surrounds more than once, so that isn't exactly a solution.
But dogs are trainable, albeit some more than others. Plus, I have issue with setting aside an area of my home to allow for an animal to crap in. Don't get me wrong, if I saw someone treating a cat wrong in any way, I would respond appropriately, up to and including a good ole fashion a$$ whippin'. I just don't care for them. Except for liger's. Liger's are way cool.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
But dogs are trainable, albeit some more than others. Plus, I have issue with setting aside an area of my home to allow for an animal to crap in. Don't get me wrong, if I saw someone treating a cat wrong in any way, I would respond appropriately, up to and including a good ole fashion a$$ whippin'. I just don't care for them. Except for liger's. Liger's are way cool.
You can train cats. It's just a lot different. I prefer Tigers over Ligers. Ligers are massive though.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
get bookshelf speakers and elevate them on metal stands. :p

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
find a scent the cat does not like and spray that around the speakers. :p

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have 2 cats and an English Bulldog, on top of that I have GoldenEar Speakers, which are essentially a 5ft tall scratching post :eek:

When I first got them, I covered them in Bed Sheets when I wasn't using them. I purchased multiple scratching posts and finally came to the realization, my cats are not interested in them. Thank God

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Wife found cat strips at Bed Bath and Beyond....very thin double sided clear tape....outer sticky side discourages cat from contact....works great and a few strips on grill cloth wont affect sound....also made to peel off easily and not mark furniture with tape residue....has worked great for my sub and expensive upholstery...
Can you provide a link? I'm interested in this

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis