Carver vs Denon/Marantz

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
Bare with me

I have an older Carver tfm 15 power amp, matched with a Carver CT-17 pre-amp. I'm trying to set up another room in the house for home theater and music

Now, hopefully there is someone out there with experiece with all these amps.

I am looking for the same or as close as sound of my Carvers, in a all in one receiver.

Looking at Denon 3805 the most right now, but can anyone comment on whether the denon is warmer, brighter? less detailed, more detailed and so on?

I have no experience with denon or marantz products, and anything I want, I'll have to order without hearing 1st......disadvantage of a small town.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
newfmp3 said:
Bare with me

I have an older Carver tfm 15 power amp, matched with a Carver CT-17 pre-amp. I'm trying to set up another room in the house for home theater and music

Now, hopefully there is someone out there with experiece with all these amps.

I am looking for the same or as close as sound of my Carvers, in a all in one receiver.

Looking at Denon 3805 the most right now, but can anyone comment on whether the denon is warmer, brighter? less detailed, more detailed and so on?

I have no experience with denon or marantz products, and anything I want, I'll have to order without hearing 1st......disadvantage of a small town.
I have a couple of Carver M-1.0t's and a Carver TFM-24. I'm not using them now, but I did for years. In comparing them to the Denon or Marantz, you should find the Denon or Marantz amps have a lower noise floor. This should provide you with more detailed sound, better if you will.The Carver is a switcher (class D), thus more noise. I'm currently using an Outlaw Model 770 amp and a Yamaha RX-V2200 as the pre-amp. If it were me, I would go with the Denon, mind you that's just using the choises you listed, and providing that the rest of your gear is of equal quality. I'm certainly not downing the Marantz, either.
Just my 2 cents. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis