Carver AV-705x 5 channel power amp tag sale grab

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Hey Greg, what’re try looking to get for it? I’m currently in the market for a second 5 or 7 channel power amp. I almost picked up a Sunfire Grand Cinema (the 200 WPC @ 8ohms x5 model) today but the amount of units for sale that have failed greatly outnumbers those that haven’t and that’s worrying to a degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are used Sunfire AMPS known to be a risky buy?

M

my3sons90

Audiophyte
So I found this Carver amp at a tag sale years ago for $50. It had some issues and I sent it off to a Carver tech to have it repaired and refurbed for $300+$60 shipping. I finally got it back yesterday and for a little over $400 total it’s definitely a great amp in my opinion. Any other guys on here still running these aging amps?
I got mine in 2003 from Ebay, it had one channel out, the seller offered a full refund or send it to be repaired at his cost. I had it repaired and it's late 2023 and it is still cranking out the music with my Marantz AV7005 AV processor. Absolutely love that amplifier driving my suite of Infinity Interlude speakers. Wouldn't trade it for the original MSRP of $1200.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis