Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Sold unfortunately . This was my 78 TransAm , 20,000 original miles. Was fairly rare , as Martinique Blue only came out in 78 and very few has a black interior . Most were a light blue material called hobnail , or they had camel which was a light brown colour .
It had the 400 and my only wish was that it was a factory 4 speed as I‘m not a big fan of automatics in first or second gen TransAms or firebirds
Nice T/A Major, I had a couple back in the day myself. My fav years, '69-73, a '73 455 SD, 4 speed car I'd actually consider selling my '67 BB Corvette for .... :eek:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Did they mention the cost to repair the TPMS? Using the ABS sensors is a good idea, but a lot more expensive to repair than a set of valve stems with the transmitters.
There was a leak in one of the tires that was tripping the TPMS. They plugged that and fixed a heatshield on the front passenger rotor for a grand total of $53.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There was a leak in one of the tires that was tripping the TPMS. They plugged that and fixed a heatshield on the front passenger rotor for a grand total of $53.
I saw that it had a leak, just wondered if they shot you a price for repairing the ABS since that's how tire pressure is monitored or if they looked for the leak first.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I saw that it had a leak, just wondered if they shot you a price for repairing the ABS since that's how tire pressure is monitored or if they looked for the leak first.
There was no issue with the ABS. Even if there was it would have been covered under warranty, which is why I brought it to the dealer in the first place because I felt certain it was going to be a warranty issue.

highfigh

highfigh

There was no issue with the ABS. Even if there was it would have been covered under warranty, which is why I brought it to the dealer in the first place because I felt certain it was going to be a warranty issue.
I asked because the ABS sensors measure tire rotation and an under-inflated tire turns slower, so it knows whether it's inflated properly without needing the TPMS sensors in the valves.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Corvette ZR1 to be unveiled tonight @ 1930 hrs. Rumors have it at over 1000 HP and 800 plus lb ft of torque !!

A monster !!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Corvette ZR1 to be unveiled tonight @ 1930 hrs. Rumors have it at over 1000 HP and 800 plus lb ft of torque !!

A monster !!
I think its the normal twin turbo 800hp, as a hybrid 1000 hp with AWD.. You have your $150k ready ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I asked because the ABS sensors measure tire rotation and an under-inflated tire turns slower, so it knows whether it's inflated properly without needing the TPMS sensors in the valves.
Shouldn't an under-inflated tire slightly have a smaller diameter? If that is the case, it would turn faster.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I think its the normal twin turbo 800hp, as a hybrid 1000 hp with AWD.. You have your $150k ready ;)
Wow, nothing normal about this monster, 1000 plus HP

150k, LMAO, I'd put the coin down tomorrow if I could get one for that. I suspect 200k is gonna be more realistic after dealer mark up BS

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, nothing normal about this monster, 1000 plus HP

150k, LMAO, I'd put the coin down tomorrow if I could get one for that. I suspect 200k is gonna be more realistic after dealer mark up BS
I'll take mine in Competition Yellow. Oh heck, lets save up for the even wilder Corvette Zora. With C8 prices out of touch for a lot of people, It sure makes the used low mileage C7 Z06 price attractive most under $70K.. .

Speaking of vettes, the wife and I last night went out for dinner and afterwards we were near the Vette Dealer, she said pull over lets look. You know how this later-life, crisis goes. Walked over a new yellow C8, the sales guy came out all excited. He said you want to drive it, sure. He went got the keys. Wife got in first, she looked really good in there. She got out, and I slide in butt first, got comfy, looked around, felt great,secure and so being a gentleman, I was going to let the wife drive it first. . And that's when the wife started smiling, I had a hell of a time getting out. knee pain from knee surgery, it was rather difficult. The wife said, I told ya so. its not for you. The sales guy, laughed and noted man your not the first.. I guess I'll stick to SUV's and trucks.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Shouldn't an under-inflated tire slightly have a smaller diameter? If that is the case, it would turn faster.
Since I only come here soon after I get up in the morning, I'm going with "no coffee = hard of thinking". DOH!

I don't know why people can't detect low pressure- the car should pull to one side.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Since I only come here soon after I get up in the morning, I'm going with "no coffee = hard of thinking". DOH!

I don't know why people can't detect low pressure- the car should pull to one side.
that's for sure. I guess those same people have a hard time with their gas tank as it nears empty ( oh I thought I had more in there, as the gauge says "EMPTY", LOL )

highfigh

highfigh

that's for sure. I guess those same people have a hard time with their gas tank as it nears empty ( oh I thought I had more in there, as the gauge says "EMPTY", LOL )
If fuel pumps were easier to change, someone could make a killing with roadside shops halfway between cities and in the suburbs- most manufacturers recommend refilling at 1/4 tank and the 'Low Fuel' indicator needs to be noticed, not covered with tape or ignored.

To those who don't fill when they should, I say:

Don't let it run out, just to find out how far you can go when the gauge shows 'Empty'.

Don't let it run out, just to be able to say that you can put more gas in the tank than the manual shows.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If fuel pumps were easier to change, someone could make a killing with roadside shops halfway between cities and in the suburbs- most manufacturers recommend refilling at 1/4 tank and the 'Low Fuel' indicator needs to be noticed, not covered with tape or ignored.

To those who don't fill when they should, I say:

Don't let it run out, just to find out how far you can go when the gauge shows 'Empty'.

Don't let it run out, just to be able to say that you can put more gas in the tank than the manual shows.
You know its a proven trait of the spouses to always seem to offer up their vehicle to go somewhere, together, when its near empty :D

highfigh

highfigh

You know its a proven trait of the spouses to always seem to offer up their vehicle to go somewhere, together, when its near empty :D
This is similar to Murphy's Law- when someone is running late, the tank is close to empty.

O'Toole's Corollary to Murphy's Law- "Murphy was an optimist".

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I think we all wish we had the cars we had when we were young. One of my old ones, 63 SS, 409, 4 speed, posi. Sold it, rather traded it for a 95 Ford Bronco Gen5 and a Ranger Bass Boat. Nuts, saw on Mecum , that a car almost like mine went for $77 K.

View attachment 61483
Had this back in 74, Silver, 4 door, 283 engine. Got it used for $275.00.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Truer words…

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'll take mine in Competition Yellow. Oh heck, lets save up for the even wilder Corvette Zora. With C8 prices out of touch for a lot of people, It sure makes the used low mileage C7 Z06 price attractive most under $70K.. .

Speaking of vettes, the wife and I last night went out for dinner and afterwards we were near the Vette Dealer, she said pull over lets look. You know how this later-life, crisis goes. Walked over a new yellow C8, the sales guy came out all excited. He said you want to drive it, sure. He went got the keys. Wife got in first, she looked really good in there. She got out, and I slide in butt first, got comfy, looked around, felt great,secure and so being a gentleman, I was going to let the wife drive it first. . And that's when the wife started smiling, I had a hell of a time getting out. knee pain from knee surgery, it was rather difficult. The wife said, I told ya so. its not for you. The sales guy, laughed and noted man your not the first.. I guess I'll stick to SUV's and trucks.
Chris, you gave me a good chuckle !! Yes, getting out of my C2 & C5 is not like it was 47 years ago when I bought my first Corvette ('66, 327 vert) but I continue to manage. A couple years back a young Porsche 911 driver commented to me after seeing me get out of my '67 and said, "do you think your car could run with my 992" to which I replied, "hell no, but kid you come back with your grandfathers '67 911 and I'll show you what Chevy taillights look like" ! ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis