Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Even with a 454??
for sure, compression, cam timing for starters. Then in '75 first generation catalytic converters(junk) limited exhaust flow.

The mighty 454 LS6 in 1970 made 450HP, of note it was not offered in the Corvette until '71 and with a drop in compression it was down to 425HP. But....... in '71 it was equipped with aluminum heads, along with stronger crank and rods. That was the end of the LS6, 72-74 the lesser LS5 was as good as it got in BB offering.

Also of note during that period was that in '73 HP ratings changed and were calculated 'SAE net' as opposed to a 'gross' rating.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
for sure, compression, cam timing for starters. Then in '75 first generation catalytic converters(junk) limited exhaust flow.

The mighty 454 LS6 in 1970 made 450HP, of note it was not offered in the Corvette until '71 and with a drop in compression it was down to 425HP. But....... in '71 it was equipped with aluminum heads, along with stronger crank and rods. That was the end of the LS6, 72-74 the lesser LS5 was as good as it got in BB offering.

Also of note during that period was that in '73 HP ratings were calculated 'SAE net' as opposed to a 'gross' rating.
What is BB?

Also, can the C3 be moded and bypass the emissions junk for more power?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Also, can the C3 be moded and bypass the emissions junk for more power?
For sure, but depending on the State and Registration / Inspection policies things can get a little tricky. I would suspect Ca would be the toughest and still keep the car 'street legal'

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
For sure, but depending on the State and Registration / Inspection policies things can get a little tricky. I would suspect Ca would be the toughest and still keep the car 'street legal'
That's what's nice about Fla, no smog inspections. I say CA is still nuts about smog, but in CA cars are excluded, IF
  • any vehicle made in or prior to 1975, or
  • any vehicle less than six years old.
Their street rod and hot rod culture is huge out there so, not really an issue based on the 2 key points I noted.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Mega. Guy uses a 4x4 and drives on it to break the bead.:cool: Simple and looks like a good result.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I used venmo and placed a hold on 4 tires with rims for my 97 camry. My front right tire is getting near the end. The tread on these were the best of any used tire I'd seen on facebook. Like new for $150. I've seen upwards of $300+ and the treads are half as good, and often they don't include the rims.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Holy split window....:oops:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
'Fuelies' are not modded, they were factory (Rochester Products, mechanical FI), first offered in '57
Wow. Here I thought fuel injection began in early 90s LOL. [Pulls hat over eyes]

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis