Carl's place screens, is it should your screen ?

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
Hello friends

I have a BenQ w1070 projector, and i need to buy a screen.

I am impressed with the Carl's place screens.

Is there anyone have any test or experience with those screens ?

Thx.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a screen for outdoor use and the deal was too good to be true because of a discoloration on the screen that would wash off in less than 5 minutes and delivery was very fast , also they sent me a follow up e mail to be sure that I was satisfied. I guess my simple answer to your question is first you must be sure that they have a screen that fits your needs and secondly I would surely buy from them again with out any hesitation.

When you start a thread asking a question about a product you should give as much info as possible, how far away is screen from viewing area, from projector , will it be a fixed screen or retractable, and so on then you will get many more replies from the guys here that really know the projector set ups first hand.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If your goal is to make a screen yourself, then I certainly see no issue with it and I've heard some good stuff about their product. But, if you aren't inclined to fully produce a high quality screen and you want this for your home theater, then perhaps you may want to just get a cheaper fixed frame screen from companies such as VAPEX, Elite, or Focupix. Those are all similar quality screens with decent reviews, black velour trim, and solid entry level quality.

I have personally used both Focupix and Elite and think they are very comparable. For less than $200 for a 110" diagonal, they are excellent for home theater use.

G

geejo

Audiophyte
Would like to warn customers before you purchase from Carls. I would stay away from this company. I ordered for the 79 inch x 59 inch with a delivery charge of 125$ (to Qatar) by fedex. The product I received was only 56 inch width. I did write to them and they sent me another one. The second one was only 56 inches wide. I did write to the company but they stated that both the shipments may have been tampered. They wanted me to send it back to them for an inspection before deciding if it was tampered. Once they have received it, they may refund if they do not find any evidence of tampering. I would have to pay for this shipment. I think its silly to think that 2 different courier companies - fedex and ups would have tampered with the screens. I am now left with 2 screen material 56 inches wide and CARL the man himself refusing to refund me unless I sent the package back to him. I paid more for the delivery charges as opposed to the product itself!!!! So guys if you are willing to purchase this product especially from abroad, think twice. A nightmare to get a refund!!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I certainly wouldn't use that as a typical example. Most people have very good luck, and most people are purchasing domestically. There is a lot more 'overseas' transactions taking place these days and it is unfortunate that some nations simply don't have local suppliers which can meet their needs.

I would ask them if you can take some photos and provide them with lots of photos of your issue and see if they would be willing to work that way. Facetime and/or Skype with a camera so they can see what issues you have run into.

I think if I were to sell internationally, I would be willing to work with customers who have issues, but it would require more effort on the customer's part because of the costs of shipping which may be involved.

G

geejo

Audiophyte
Probably my bad luck, but I hope anyone who is purchasing internationally needs to be aware if they ever do purchase from Carls. I have sent them multiple photos. I have attached a photo of the two rolls. Have a look at it yourself. They are cut cleanly with no evidence of damage.

I would have been happy to send it back to them if it was a domestic purchase and if they did not give me such a hard time. I do not wish to spend more money on shipping it back to them, for them to just have a look and blame it on Fedex/UPS and have another delay in trying to refund the money from insurance.

A video is a good suggestion. Probably will upload on youtube.
Thanks for your time

Attachments

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

A video is a good suggestion. Probably will upload on youtube.
Thanks for your time
Welcome and sorry about your misfortune.
Hard to remedy an international shipment in expensively.

Any visible sign of tampering with the shipping box? How long is the shipping box if you still have them?
Any difference between the two boxes?
Is there a weight written on the labels? Are they the same weight? Did you contact the shipping company locally?
If you have a good scale, the shipping packaging, perhaps you could calculate the weight it should have been with that extra 3 inches.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis