capturing AV from Xbox360 to handycam...

C

ChrisM

Audiophyte
my friend and I want to capture some gameplay footage of some multiplayer games. Im going to be buying a Sony DCR-HC26 that has its I LINK connection which allows av input. My main question that throwing me off is how do I capture the footage but still be able to see whats going on on my TV? Is there an rca splitter I can buy? Im assuming id need to tap into the output of the xbox.

I've also got an output on my TV (basic red/white/yellow) but the manual doesnt really explain how it works. If thats something that can assist me great, but Id really like the output to be s-video.

I do have an HDTV so Im using component. Getting a component output to the handycam would be great. But Id live with an S-video feed if its easier. I've tried searching online for a splitter but I must be searching with the wrong words. Any idea what splitters I have to choose from? Maybe a point in the right direction if possible? Thanks in advance for helping an AV newb lol

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
If you have outputs on your TV I would use those. That would be the most simple way to go.

Another possibility, since you say you're using component on the TV, is to connect the S-Video output on the Xbox (I'm assuming it has that along with component) to the camcorder.

C

ChrisM

Audiophyte
Hi Ho said:
If you have outputs on your TV I would use those. That would be the most simple way to go.

Another possibility, since you say you're using component on the TV, is to connect the S-Video output on the Xbox (I'm assuming it has that along with component) to the camcorder.
Thanks for the help. I will probably go with the s-video route. It does have S-video as well on the connecting box but I wasnt sure if it would just pull the strongest feed. Wasnt sure if both video feeds would be active together if that makes any sense lol

C

ChrisM

Audiophyte
would this also apply to the audio? Say on the xbox it has R/W/Y, optical, S-video. I'll be using the component and optical to display sound and video through my entertainment center. So I can tap into the red, white, svideo and dump the audio and video feeds to the camcorder, correct?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, the red/white RCA jacks will feed sound to your camcorder. Unless you happen to have a brand new HD camcorder, S-Video is as good quality as you will get.

I'm not sure if the S-Video and component jacks on the 360 are active at the same time. I would assume they are.

C

ChrisM

Audiophyte
thanks for your help hi ho. I ended up buying two DVD-R recorders and thats working flawlessly for us.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
well first off im guessing that you are making a halo 2 montage... but anyways get the cables with s vid out and run the s vid to camera and yellow to tv split the audio and your set except the picture and sounds will suck

and if you have a video out dont use it it creates lag very very noticable in a fps if thats what your doing

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis