nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Perturbations in Earth's orbit due to the gravitational pull of other planets resulted in temperature changes. These changes in temperature were then amplified by the feedback of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide.
I believe that Milankovitch cycles were defiantly a strong contributing factor to past climate changes, but anyone who is honest with themselves know that that this is not the sole driving force, and that there are significant variations which do not fit the Milankovitch theory.

But what drove the uptake and release of C02 during these periods? Feedback is not the same as cause.

Just because two to sets of data seems to track each other in some way does not infer a cause and effect relationship.

We are merely in an interglacial period, increased CO2 concentrations are merely delaying the next glacial period. Regardless if we slow co2 output or not the earth will cool again.

I still haven’t seen anything that warrants alarm.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
So...the hand is tipped a bit. Al Gore is in London this week. I'll tell you, with this kind of "tell", I'd love to play poker with Big Al.

FORMER VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE: "It is the awareness (of Cap and Trade) itself that will drive the change. And one of the ways that will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements."

Global governance! So THAT is what this bill is all about. The song just wafts through my brain..."We are the world, we are the people, lalalalalalaaaaaaa....." One world. Uh huh-h-h-h-hhhhhh.:rolleyes: Maybe Al will get the song changed to be "We are the world, we are the monied people..."

...and from his buddy over in France, Chirac from his early warnings when speaking about the Kyoto protocol (ca. 2000)..."This is the first component of an authentic global governance. This is about the economy, about leveling the playing field for big businesses worldwide."

Hey! Whodathunkit. Leslie Daschle just got a job as a lobbyist for GE...which happens to own 45% of the wind turbine business in the U.S.

Hey again! I have a great idea. Let's learn from these millionaire, big-business politicians and pass a bill that does nothing to create additional energy in the country, but drives jobs and energy production off-shore and costs the U.S. trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs, BUT makes us smart individuals millions in the process! :rolleyes: Oh snap...that's already been done. It's the Cap and Tax...er, Trade bill.

Wake up people. It's time to put principles above parties. Our ship is being run aground, economically and politically, by the special interests of big money and their political cronies. Anyone know who Obama's biggest donors were? Here you go.... Notice any bailout companies in here?

University of California $1,564,490
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,017
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $699,790
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $589,334
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $550,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $527,572
Columbia University $526,802
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
Latham & Watkins $493,835
US Government $491,420

As I stated in my OP, this Cap and Trade bill is just the tip of the iceberg. Our lethargy and weakness reads like a history of the 14th century as we do the bidding of the fief lords. I strongly suggest that you all read the current USA Today and NY Times best seller book by Glenn Beck called Common Sense. Better yet, watch his show on every afternoon. Best yet, get personally interested and involved in retrieving our government from these mongrels.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
tbewick, you have never answered the question I posed to you a couple of times. As much as I enjoy the thrill of the scientific debate over "climate change", this thread is really about how the issue of climate change/global warming is being used by the empowered to enrich themselves while also controlling and ultimately impoverishing the masses. (Destabilized governments fail. Destabilizing the economy, which this and other bills are doing, will most assuredly destabilize the government.)

I think your debate is important, and I have my definitive opinions, too. But the science has been argued ad nauseum and is really kind of irrelevant here. I hate to ask you, but puhleeze try to keep it to a minimum or start a new thread. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis