Canton Owners/Listeners Question

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've the Vento 820 as surrounds and I'm thinking of replacing them with the Reference 9.2. As to why, I think @Bucknekked is spot on in my case :)

The Reference K series was launched 2015 so perhaps Canton will refresh them so that I can buy the 9K at steep discount this year?

Below is a look inside the Reference 9.2:

1582918427672.png

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Thanks again for all the feedback, folks. I decided to grab a pair of Canton Chrono SL-536.2s from AC4L, should be here some time tomorrow. I'll give 'em a whirl over the weekend in the home theater to see how they hold up, perfect timing while the missus is away, muh-hah-hah-hah.... ;)

C

Cibrd0wn

Audiophyte
Thanks again for all the feedback, folks. I decided to grab a pair of Canton Chrono SL-536.2s from AC4L, should be here some time tomorrow. I'll give 'em a whirl over the weekend in the home theater to see how they hold up, perfect timing while the missus is away, muh-hah-hah-hah.... ;)
How are you liking the speakers? I just bought the Vento 836.2 and a 866.2 center. Cant wait for them to arrive.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
How are you liking the speakers? I just bought the Vento 836.2 and a 866.2 center. Cant wait for them to arrive.
Congrats!

Mine are the 836 and I’m listening to them now. Working remote 5 days a week right now has it’s advantages. :)

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Congrats on the new purchase, @Cibrd0wn! As I mentioned, I ended up grabbing a pair of Canton Chrono SL-536.2, then paired it with a Vento 866.2, a pretty sizable center channel speaker, BTW, as they didn't have the Chrono SL 556.2 center in white at the time and the price was pretty good for the Vento. I've had a few sizable center channels over the years, but this one is definitely one of the bigger suckers. :) I'm still putting these guys through their paces, but I'll say I'm thoroughly pleased and pleasantly suprised overall.

I've done some AB testing with mostly music to this point and find them to throw just as large a soundstage as the Boston Acoustics VS336s and bass at and above the 80Hz crossover point I'm using seems be a bit more prevalent and full, while still sounding well controlled. I found this to be quite suprising considering these are bookshelfs, well pretty big-ass bookshelfs at 7.5'' x 14.2'' x 10.2'', but certainly less cabinet volume than the BAs. The upper frequencies, which are more what I was interested in comparing, are what I was hoping to hear as they are slighly more forward than the 336s, not overly aggressive or sharp, but are still very clean regardless of volume level.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the clarity and sound stage of the 336s are excellent, but I felt/feel the upper frequencies are ever so slightly recessed, specifically for my tastes. The ceramic tweeters of the 536.2s do fit the bill for what I was looking for. The build quality of the Cantons are impressive and quite honestly, I'm thrilled that these perform as well if not better than my expectations. At their current AC4L pricing, they're hard to beat for price/performance. While speaker preference can be very subjective, I imagine you're going to be more than happy with purchases, enjoy! :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis