T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Just an FYI after a conversation with Accessories 4 Less today that they may no longer be carrying Canton speakers. They said they want to continue to be the USA distributor but there is a chance that Canton will be going with a different vendor. I'm only pointing this out as there may be a disruption or delay in supply if they make a change. Also, pricing may not be as advantageous as it has been with A4L, but who knows.

Anyway, if you've had your eye on any of the Canton speakers, I'm sharing since A4L may or may not be getting a new shipment like normal after the first of the year. Hopefully I'm wrong...........

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
A real bummer if it goes that way, was certainly fun while it lasted but I ain’t paying the Sound Approach’s Canton prices if it comes to that being my next choice

A single speaker from SA is almost $400 more than I paid for the same pair of speakers from AC4L.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Vento towers look tempting but pretty happy with my bookshelves

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I want those open box 3.2 reference towers but out of my budget this year. LOL

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
one thing is certain.. there will always be options in the audio world to spend money...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well if they do end up going to another more expensive store, I will be disappointed.

I’m still very grateful for recommendations here from @KEW and @ematthews when I was doing my search a couple years ago. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang what the heck. :( I need my Canton Ceramic for Xmas. Do something KEW!!!!!

J

juryman

Audioholic Intern
So I stumbled upon this forum and I find yet another discussion on Canton speakers. Ive been looking to upgrade and old Axiom 5.1 setup (18yrs old). Been doing my research and narrowed my list down to Monitor, PSB, Jamo, Focal, and maybe KEF. Mainly because they are front ported and/or I can keep them close to the wall.

Should I be looking at Canton? I see they are front ported as well. Never heard of them until I started reading these forums. How do they compare to my list? I see that A4L still has some 490.2 & 470.2.

In other words, convince me.

Thanks.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited:
J

juryman

Audioholic Intern
Cantons are special because of their Ceramic Tweeter. You need to stay in the Chrono or Vento series

Chrono 596.2 floorstanders
Another thing I forgot to add, Id prefer front ported towers. I need to keep the speakers close to the wall.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
The Chrono 596.2 are bottom ported and can go fairly close to the wall. They perform better if pulled out a little, but mine are only about 6" to the wall and they are doing well. Any closer and you loose some low end performance, but at 6" and further out they sound great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis