Can't get Dolby TrueHD

Q

Qfirefighter

Enthusiast
System, LG BD390 Blue ray, Onkyo TX-SR876 Receiver, 5.1 speaker set. HDMI hooked up. Can't get dolby trueHD to play. I know that it's got to be in the setting. I don't know what in best. Let the receiver do the decoding or the Blue ray and what settings. The receiver say's HDMI though when the blueray is playing. Thank's for any help. :D

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
System, LG BD390 Blue ray, Onkyo TX-SR876 Receiver, 5.1 speaker set. HDMI hooked up. Can't get dolby trueHD to play. I know that it's got to be in the setting. I don't know what in best. Let the receiver do the decoding or the Blue ray and what settings. The receiver say's HDMI though when the blueray is playing. Thank's for any help. :D
Welcome to the forums! Make sure the LG is set to bitstream or pass-through audio. Then make sure the Onkyo is set to HDMI audio out = No.

If that doesn't work, try turning on the Onkyo before the LG player, it looks like it automatically adjusts the HDMI audio out according to the connected device's capabilities.

That should do it, let us know!

Q

Qfirefighter

Enthusiast
Welcome to the forums! Make sure the LG is set to bitstream or pass-through audio. Then make sure the Onkyo is set to HDMI audio out = No.

If that doesn't work, try turning on the Onkyo before the LG player, it looks like it automatically adjusts the HDMI audio out according to the connected device's capabilities.

That should do it, let us know!
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Also make sure to select the actual TrueHD track in the bluray DISC menu! :eek:

Make sure 2 ch downmix is not engaged in the player, although I think that usually has no bearing on HDMI output . . . but just in case . . . you never know with electronics these days, I tell ya . . .

Q

Qfirefighter

Enthusiast
Well here's where I stand how. I found in the sub menu on the LG (digital audio output). Set the unit to Primary pass thru. Now can someone tell me what sub menu and how to get to it on my Onkyo to set the HDMI audio out setting to No. I tryed last night and screwed things up so bad that that the wife had to go in the bedroom to watch TV, not good. Three hours later things were back working, But still no dolby true HD. :confused:

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Well here's where I stand how. I found in the sub menu on the LG (digital audio output). Set the unit to Primary pass thru. Now can someone tell me what sub menu and how to get to it on my Onkyo to set the HDMI audio out setting to No. I tryed last night and screwed things up so bad that that the wife had to go in the bedroom to watch TV, not good. Three hours later things were back working, But still no dolby true HD. :confused:
Sorry to hear that, time to restore your wife's faith in you...the HDMI Audio out setting should be under Setup --> 7. Hardware Setup --> 5. HDMI --> Audio TV Out = off.

That should do it, after you have everything set up, start playing, and if you're not getting True-HD then hit the display button on your Onkyo and let us know what signal you're receiving.

Thanks!

Q

Qfirefighter

Enthusiast
Things are up and running now. Thanks so much fightinkraut, you the man :D Wow what a difference in sound quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis