Cant connect to receiver with IP address

W

WayneH

Audiophyte
I have a new audiocontrol XR6S receiver. I have it connected via Ethernet and successfully connected my Roon app immediately. I used the front panel to get its IP address of the form 192.168.0.xxx. However when I put this value in my Laptops browser address bar, it doesn’t find the receiver. Any troubleshooting tips?

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Check the IP address of the laptop itself.

If they're both getting their IPs from DHCP, they should be in the same network, but if those first three numbers aren't the same, then they are on separate networks (despite being on the same physical/wifi network). You will not be able to directly from one to the other without additional network setup (IE, a router passing traffic from one network to the other).

It's also possible that if that IP address isn't automatically assigned by a DHCP service, it could be in conflict with another devince on the network already using the IP. This would be most likely if it is manually set. In the case of a manual setting, it's also quite possibly the cause of the problem in the previous paragraph.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a new audiocontrol XR6S receiver. I have it connected via Ethernet and successfully connected my Roon app immediately. I used the front panel to get its IP address of the form 192.168.0.xxx. However when I put this value in my Laptops browser address bar, it doesn’t find the receiver. Any troubleshooting tips?
Look at the IP addresses- do they all end with 0.xxx, or 1.xxx? If one ends with 1.xxx and the other ends with 0.xxx, they'll have problems seeing each other.

Rooting the router could help.

Did you set up the receiver according to the manual? This link has "Initial Setup of your X9 / X7 processor or XR8 / XR6 / XR4 receiver and home network " at the upper right of the page.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis