Canadian $ is getting hammered...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Right now might be the best time for Americans to visit and/or buy stuff up here, as our dollar is at US 0.76. A lot of items will be very good values for Americans, because there is still stuff on shelves that was priced before our dollar tanked. It won't be the same in a few months when the inevitable inflation causes prices to jump.

When I took my family to Disneyworld in 2010, we pre-cleared US Customs & Border Protection before departure. Of course, the US was in a major slump at the time and the agent we were dealing with said: "Please spend lots of money down there, we need it". And, we did.

Well, now it's time to return the favour. ;)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
What are some of the items that will be good values?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
What are some of the items that will be good values?
Well, what are you looking for? It was a general statement, not related to any specific items. I suppose you could just poke around some Canadian online retailer websites - depending on what you're looking for. Or, just play tourist and spend lots of money while you're here.:D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
No problem. I suspect we'll see US-based companies increasing their acquisition activity of Canadian companies. That'll be a nice transfer of wealth. The tourism-related stuff is probably a drop in the bucket compared to acquisitions.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just went to Olympia and spent some ducats on yummy dead fish meat. Nice place; great sushi.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm glad I snagged my Rythmik sub when I did. I can't afford it now. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No problem. I suspect we'll see US-based companies increasing their acquisition activity of Canadian companies. That'll be a nice transfer of wealth. The tourism-related stuff is probably a drop in the bucket compared to acquisitions.
Not quite what I was thinking about, but I guess that's fair. When US real estate tanked and the dollars were at par, lots of Canadians bought properties at fire sale prices. They'll be making out like bandits now...of course, I'm not one of them.:(

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
My wife and I still have not taken our honeymoon to Victoria, BC. We love it there, and hope to retire there some day! The people are just incredible! I could live in Butchart Gardens...

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Sure would like to find a deal on a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 40 v4's in cherry. That would make my man cave very happy.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Right now might be the best time for Americans to visit and/or buy stuff up here
Except that everything always seem to cost a good 30% or more up there so I don't see the value even with the weaker Canadian dollar.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
It's hard to take a financial crisis seriously when your dollar is called the Loonie. :D

Yes, I'm 12er than Alex.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis