Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
One of the things I've noticed is that there are many challenges in this hobby unique to Canadians. For example, it's hard to find Canadian sources and pricing on many items. We are a much smaller market, yet much farther spread out that makes a lot of issues. Also, there are issues surrounding shipping, customs, currency, CSA standards, etc that arise when considering importing from the States.

Is there any way we could have a Canadian forum to discuss these issues and have a single source of reference information for visitors looking for answers to this type of question. Part of Clint's presentation at the AH convention showed that Canadian represent the second largest nationality using the site and, presumably, will represent a significant proportion of the AH store's customers. It would be awesome if we had a forum to discuss the specific challenges of being an A/V enthusiast in Canada, even on a trial basis to see how it works out.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
There is a uniquely Canadian forum that I use, called digitalhome.ca. It's not affiliated with audioholics in any way, but you can find discussions about speakers, receivers, everything that's on this board, plus a lot of other digital-related things. Check it out.

cheers,
supervij

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
This would be great! I know there are many members who are Canadian and I, for one, would deem this worthwhile. Even now, with our dollars being so close, you would think that alone would bridge the gap!!:(

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
There is a uniquely Canadian forum that I use, called digitalhome.ca. It's not affiliated with audioholics in any way, but you can find discussions about speakers, receivers, everything that's on this board, plus a lot of other digital-related things. Check it out.

cheers,
supervij
I registered over there and took a look around. My user name was already taken!:mad: I'll go back and contribute when I can.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I think of the digitalhome as more of a general-interest type of place when it comes to all things digital. Whereas audioholics is more concerned with, well, audio. (Although there is a television section too.) You'll get more in-depth information on audio stuff here, but if you want to get a heads-up on where to buy it (in Canada), go to the digitalhome. But there's lots of information on other stuff there too, much of it with a Canadian slant, and some not. Let me know what you think of the place.

cheers,
supervij

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
I guess it depends where you live in Canada. I'm 45 minutes from either the Rainbow or Queenston bridge, so with our dollar at par or higher than US, it's pretty easy to just go for a Sunday drive and buy whatever you want if you can't find it at home.

That said, I think Canadian manufacturers have a lot to offer in both electronics and especially speakers. Granted, our electronics tend to be higher end such as Anthem, Bryston or Blue Circle. But we make a ton of great, affordable speakers such as Axiom, which is widely reviewed here. In fact, I have yet to read a negative review of almost any Canadian made product.

So rejoice! Our selection may be more limited, but it's from a pool great products.

We'll get to the Canadian forum... We're just a little busy setting up the Israeli forum, Russian, Chinese and Mexican forums. Give us a few weeks... Also, some people are requesting race-based forums as well. We're a little torn on that one, especially since the gender lobby is pushing so hard to get recognized by us as a race.

Let us know what you guys think and we'll keep plugging!*

*This post is brought you you by Sarcasm - a refreshing energy substitute that doesn't wear you down and lasts all day and night.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
We'll get to the Canadian forum... We're just a little busy setting up the Israeli forum, Russian, Chinese and Mexican forums. Give us a few weeks... Also, some people are requesting race-based forums as well. We're a little torn on that one, especially since the gender lobby is pushing so hard to get recognized by us as a race.

Let us know what you guys think and we'll keep plugging!*

*This post is brought you you by Sarcasm - a refreshing energy substitute that doesn't wear you down and lasts all day and night.
Sorry to raise an issue that's only worthy of your sarcasm. It was your presentation that identified the percentage of Canadians that use this site, even though we are often prevented from taking advantage of the great deals to be found, finding sources for the products under review or even ordering products online for import.

I guess I should also apologize for sitting with your Audioholics store partners and discussing the best ways to import your products into Canada so you could profit by exploiting the Canadian market. I guess that was time well spent.*

*This post is also brought to you by Sarcasm - in response to a rude reply when a simple "No" would have sufficed.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to raise an issue that's only worthy of your sarcasm. It was your presentation that identified the percentage of Canadians that use this site, even though we are often prevented from taking advantage of the great deals to be found, finding sources for the products under review or even ordering products online for import.

I guess I should also apologize for sitting with your Audioholics store partners and discussing the best ways to import your products into Canada so you could profit by exploiting the Canadian market. I guess that was time well spent.*

*This post is also brought to you by Sarcasm - in response to a rude reply when a simple "No" would have sufficed.
ROTFLMAO:p;):D

I guess I deserved that!

Hey, we love our Canadian brethren. We just don't feel that a Canadian-centric forum is a good idea at this time. I tend to want to unite, not divide our topics - even if that means that Canadians aren't always able to act on deals, etc. I would hope, however that any Canadian-specific topics/deals/etc woudl be posted on the site under the appropriate forum and marked as such.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I guess I deserved that!

Hey, we love our Canadian brethren. We just don't feel that a Canadian-centric forum is a good idea at this time. I tend to want to unite, not divide our topics - even if that means that Canadians aren't always able to act on deals, etc. I would hope, however that any Canadian-specific topics/deals/etc woudl be posted on the site under the appropriate forum and marked as such.
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to float a site suggestion and get some feedback in the appropriate forum. This is a great site as it is. And a compelling one that draws me here everyday. Thank you for that, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis