Can somebody tell me what I could be missing??

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
My gear and set up is as follows. Yamaha 3060, Roku Ultra, DIRECTV and a Sony 950h. All HDMI cables were purchased within the past two years and are 4k. I have everything connected to the 3060 with HDMI. and one HDMI cable out to the display. When I watch a 4k channel on DIRECTV, I tap the information button on the Yamaha, and it says the HDMI input and output is 4k @60hz.

When I watch a 4k video on YouTube on the Roku, the information button on the Yamaha says the HDMI input and output is 1080p@60hz. Seems strange..

When I go into the Roku set up, this is what is it says:

HDMI.jpg

This doesn't seem true unless something is wrong...or I am missing something. Does anybody have any ideas of what it might be?
thanks,

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My gear and set up is as follows. Yamaha 3060, Roku Ultra, DIRECTV and a Sony 950h. All HDMI cables were purchased within the past two years and are 4k. I have everything connected to the 3060 with HDMI. and one HDMI cable out to the display. When I watch a 4k channel on DIRECTV, I tap the information button on the Yamaha, and it says the HDMI input and output is 4k @60hz.

When I watch a 4k video on YouTube on the Roku, the information button on the Yamaha says the HDMI input and output is 1080p@60hz. Seems strange..

When I go into the Roku set up, this is what is it says:

View attachment 44350

This doesn't seem true unless something is wrong...or I am missing something. Does anybody have any ideas of what it might be?
thanks,
Did you try checking on Roku's website as suggested?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Try going into the settings on the TV and make sure HDMI is set to "enhanced format" or 4K @60hz + HDR will not work. Then go into the Yamaha's HDMI 4K setting and make sure it is set to Mode 1.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Try going into the settings on the TV and make sure HDMI is set to "enhanced format" or 4K @60hz + HDR will not work. Then go into the Yamaha's HDMI 4K setting and make sure it is set to Mode 1.
Thank you. The hdmi inputs are set to enhanced on the Sony, but I will check the Yamaha.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe your "4k" hdmi cables are short of bandwidth? Cables aren't "4k" or "hdmi 1.4" etc, they're about bandwidth.....what bandwidth do your cables have?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Maybe your "4k" hdmi cables are short of bandwidth? Cables aren't "4k" or "hdmi 1.4" etc, they're about bandwidth.....what bandwidth do your cables have?
I am almost certain they are 18 Gbps maximum bandwidth.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am almost certain they are 18 Gbps maximum bandwidth.
Almost? :) I dunno....but I'd at least keep it mind while troubleshooting. Did you try the troubleshooting areas of the manuals?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Almost? :) I dunno....but I'd at least keep it mind while troubleshooting. Did you try the troubleshooting areas of the manuals?
LOL, I'm pretty sure,. I didn't save packaging, but if remember correctly...you know how that goes. But I am able to verify a 4k signal when watching the 4k channels on directv. And the cable from the Roku to the AVR actually says 4k on it.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah but is the cable marked with the speed? HDMI never had a 4k designation for cables that I can think of, that's the sales/marketing aspect of it outside that influence.... 4k signals vary in bandwidth depending and especially via streaming services I'd think (like when I had D* don't believe 4k was even an option, and I'm not familiar with youtube's offerings either....but then I'm still at 1080p personally so my .02 is barely worth that! :)
LOL, I'm pretty sure,. I didn't save packaging, but of remember correctly...you know how that goes. But I am able to verify a 4k signal when watching the 4k channels on directv. And the cable from the Roku to the AVR actually says 4k on it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If you still have issues after checking the Yamaha and it seems good, connect the Roku directly to the TV. If you still have issues, it probably is the cable. The directv is putting out 4K but maybe not HDR. A 10gbps cable will work with 4K but not if you throw HDR @60hz. This may be why the Roku is sending Dolby Vision out at 1080p. You will want at least premium certified 18gbps cables or go for 48gbps ultra high speed cables. Hope you work it out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis