Can I use tower speaker for. Sub crawl

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I would like to know if I can use a tower speaker in my listening position playing bass tones do you do that subwoofer crawl. The reason I ask is because I am disabled and I cannot lift a 90 pound subwoofer to put in my listening position. Is this a good alternative to put my tower speakers in place of subwoofer in my mop. Any other suggestions on how to do this because I simply cannot lift a heavy sub.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Not really unless your sub is a weak as the mains extension. If you have extra $ , I'd get a mic and use REWs simulation feature. $100 for the benefit is worth it and you can see what the room is doing to the sound. Just my .02 cents worth.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would like to know if I can use a tower speaker in my listening position playing bass tones do you do that subwoofer crawl. The reason I ask is because I am disabled and I cannot lift a 90 pound subwoofer to put in my listening position. Is this a good alternative to put my tower speakers in place of subwoofer in my mop. Any other suggestions on how to do this because I simply cannot lift a heavy sub.
Hate to say but no, that’s not going to help you much. If you would share the level that you’re disabled we might be able to come up with a way to help move it.
Or just have @Gmoney come over!!!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah using a “Tower” as a sub really isn’t a good idea. I seen other’s use tower’s as surrounds but not as a sub. Like “William Lemmerhirt” said there may be other ways to move a 90 lb sub. Is your sub 90 lbs?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I have muscul dystrophy. Figured getting bass from a tower thaa can produse 40 hrz would be sufficient to to the frequency low enough for the craw if I unhooked other speakers and subs. Can anyone explain why this wouldn’t work?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Yeah using a “Tower” as a sub really isn’t a good idea. I seen other’s use tower’s as surrounds but not as a sub. Like “William Lemmerhirt” said there may be other ways to move a 90 lb sub. Is your sub 90 lbs?
Don’t want to use tower as sub I just want to put it at my mop running bass heavy music threw it to do the crawl to see if I can find places for my subs. I don’t understand why I cannot do this with one of my tower speakers because it would put out bass in the upper 30 to lower 40 hrs range. I would like to have an explanation on why this approach wouldn’t work .

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
@Gmoney lives close maybe he could offer a hand. I’ll offer beer an food for his help if he’s interested.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Gmoney lives close maybe he could offer a hand. I’ll offer beer an food for his help if he’s interested.
That sounds nice. If I was closer, for sure I’d help.

The reason it won’t work is because you’d be leaving a lot of content out of the equation. I’m comfortable in saying first, it’s an idea I’ve never thought of, and it probably will work better than nothing at all. I guess as long as you’re comfortable knowing that your results won’t be AS good why not?!?!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis