Can I use different speaker cable gauges for bi-amping?

H

HarrazH

Enthusiast
Hi,
I have recently got the RP-8000F speakers and I wanted to biamp them but by mistake I purchased 14 awg cables while the ones installed I believe are 16 awg, can I use those cables or should I change all to be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Thats fine, you generally want to use the thicker cables for low end and thinner for upper , but no reason you cant try the other way around to see if you prefer that or not (might very well be you cant hear any difference)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thats fine, you generally want to use the thicker cables for low end and thinner for upper , but no reason you cant try the other way around to see if you prefer that or not (might very well be you cant hear any difference)

I doubt you will hear any difference between the 14 and 16 AWG wiring.

H

HarrazH

Enthusiast
Thank you guys.
My understanding is that for short distances I shouldn't here any difference between any gauges, right?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Thank you guys.
My understanding is that for short distances I shouldn't here any difference between any gauges, right?

You wont know unless you try.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If i go with an external amp would i be able to control it's volume from my AVR? (to be per of the rest of the system)

If using an avr with pre-outs, it would have the volume controlled via the avr....many external consumer amps don't even have a way to adjust gain/attenuation....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis