Can I use both Amp and Reciever to power different speakers

P

Prashant Awataney

Audiophyte
Hi,
I have already bought Marantz SR5010, which is 7.2 AV receiver, I am eyeing outlaw 5000 Amp, it can power 5 channels. I have a 7.2 setup using bass shaker, My question is
can I power 5 channels using outlaw 5000, and Front high or back high (6 th and 7th speakers) using Marantz receiver? Would it work?

Thanks for your inputs.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi!

The SR5010 does not have amplifier pre-outs, so there is no way to use an external amp of any kind. You will need to upgrade to the SR6010 to have that option.

P

Prashant Awataney

Audiophyte
I don't think that is correct,I see 7 Preout channels.

P

Prashant Awataney

Audiophyte
Connections:
  • HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
    • HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
  • component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
  • composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
  • digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
  • 5 analog stereo audio inputs
  • 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Connections:
  • HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
    • HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
  • component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
  • composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
  • digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
  • 5 analog stereo audio inputs
  • 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers

SR 5010, correct? Go look at your receiver!

P

Prashant Awataney

Audiophyte
I think I got my answer, I can power 5 channels using outlaw and 2 surround from reciever, Thanks for your help TheWarrior.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
When you use the pre-outs I thought the avr would internally switch the speaker out put off and deliver the signal through the pre-out ?? Therefore leaving the speaker outputs doa , am I wrong ?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
When you use the pre-outs I thought the avr would internally switch the speaker out put off and deliver the signal through the pre-out ?? Therefore leaving the speaker outputs doa , am I wrong ?
Yes, for the pre outs active.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
can I power 5 channels using outlaw 5000, and Front high or back high (6 th and 7th speakers) using Marantz receiver?
That's a pretty common configuration. I also have a 7-channel AVR and 5-channel amp. I use the AVR preouts to the amp for Left/Center/Right/Left Surround/Right Surround. I run speaker wire directly from the AVR to the Back L/R Surrounds.

It works fine. Be sure to re-run Audyssey to make sure everything is balanced.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis