Can I get Apple Music With TCL TV App?..

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Bought a utility use 55 inch TCL 4k tv from Costco & trying to get Apple Music since I sub to Apple iTunes but I can't find it . I was going to use AirPlay feature but I can't play Lossless via AP.
I guess my next move is to break down & buy another Apple TV . I welcome any ideas.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Don't know of any TV with the Apple Music app, though some have Apple TV+ app. Airplay 2 supports lossless(16/44.1) but not hi-res. But, some debate over streamed music from Apple Music app currently being sent in ALAC or AAC.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I tried streaming & the 16/44.1 sounds flat lifeless not Hi Rez Lossless :p :p

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Apple doesn’t make TVs , probably can’t do that ..
Probably get an Apple TV … problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

KiterSuperFly

Junior Audioholic
The Airplay protocol uses Apple Lossless at 16/44.1 for streaming. Lossless streaming at CD quality.
No Hi-Res, not even with an AppleTV 4k (yet). You could also plug the phone right into the TV USB I suppose.....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I tried streaming & the 16/44.1 sounds flat lifeless not Hi Rez Lossless :p :p
Then there is something wrong with your system, or you have an active imagination. 16 bit 44.1 provides flat response to 20 KHz. In addition it provides adequate dynamic range for almost all music.

There are a few massive works like Mahler's Symphony of a 1000, that can marginally benefit, and I stress marginally, from a slight increase in the bit and sampling rate.

I general going higher than 16 bit, 44.1 is just a total waste of bandwidth.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Then there is something wrong with your system, or you have an active imagination. 16 bit 44.1 provides flat response to 20 KHz. In addition it provides adequate dynamic range for almost all music.

There are a few massive works like Mahler's Symphony of a 1000, that can marginally benefit, and I stress marginally, from a slight increase in the bit and sampling rate.

I general going higher than 16 bit, 44.1 is just a total waste of bandwidth.
I just give up with all the numbers I am just listening and enjoying music because it's getting pretty cold where we are.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You know, like "spot of bother." Though, you may be more familiar with "Cry me a river" or "First world problems.";)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis