Can anyone PLEASE help me wire my sub?PLEASE!

G

gr8fulDAD

Audiophyte
This is my first time in this board, and I really hope someone can help me. I can not seem to get my sub wired up. I have an ONKYO head unit. There only seems to be one RCA output on my amp, but it looks like 2 RCA going into my powered sub. I am not quite sure how to wire this up properly.
I have enclosed links to pictures of the amp and sub.
PLEASE HELP ME!

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
Does your sub have a manual with it? If not, you can either run it into the LFE (one side) or get a rca Y connector.....available at your local audio/video ht store:)

Last edited:
WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
1st off, welcome to the boards! :D

2nd off, I can't see you picture links. If you want to embed pics use the
tags (put the url in between the brackets).

All right, so you have a since LFE out on your Onkyo, and a stereo input on your sub? For example:

You see how in the bottom right there are the red-white jacks, and then there is a single LFE jack below that? If you can find this jack on your sub, you just need to connect a cable from the single jack to the head-unit. It might be hiding somewhere on your sub's amp.

If you can't find a LFE input, that is fine, you should simply get a Y cable with male ends. I have one that I connect my iPod dock to the stereo inputs on my receiver with, and it should work for you as well. You don't have to buy the Monster Cable version, as this is a rip-off. Just get the Radioshak version, or buy one here.

HTH!

Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
World....that one end is a stereo jack...not a rca.

gr8fulDAD.....you can just buy a reg sub cable and then add a y connector...female on he single end and two male jacks on the dual side. That's if you have to do that....You may be able to just run a single line into the left lfe rca jack on your sub.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
To summarize: Head unit (receiver?) sub pre-out to either input on the sub, one cable no Y-adapter necessary. You'll also need to turn crossover setting all the way up on sub and set crossover in Onkyo to 80Hz for starters. A mid-level gain setting on sub for starters also.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis