Can anyone help me locate this reciever? (Pioneer VSX-1014-TX-K)

B

bparker

Audiophyte
Pioneer VSX-1014-TX-K

I have decided on this reciever due to pirice vs features vs budget vs other goodies I can buy with left over cash from its reasonable cost.

Now where to go get it? I simply cant find it (hehe)

Help,

Brent

U

Unregistered

pioneer 1014

This is a special order piece that is not available for retail consumers

U

Unregistered

pioneer 1014

you must obtian this piece through a custom home theater company that buys pioneer wholesale.

S

Space Ace

Enthusiast
Unregistered said:
This is a special order piece that is not available for retail consumers
That really doesn't sound quite right to me. :confused:

S

Space Ace

Enthusiast
Unregistered said:
you must obtian this piece through a custom home theater company that buys pioneer wholesale.
Give me a break, please. :(

U

Unregistered

You can pretty much get this unit at any authorized pio dealer.

L

littleb

Junior Audioholic
I found it over at Vanns.com, which is an authorized dealer

U

Unregistered

BB.com

Bought mine @ BB b&m yesterday.

Funny story: BB stores by me do not stock them. BB.com has it available for direct ship only. I refuse to pay s&h for anything this heavy. So I went into a b&m, used a 10% off coupon and got it shipped to my house for free.

L

littleb

Junior Audioholic
I just ordered this receiver, but I'm still up in the air about it. Do these really compare well with Yamaha/Denon? I know Pioneer never seems to get the respect that Yamaha or Denon seem to. Is there a reason for this?

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
I went and phoned up a eight authorized Pioneer dealers on friday morning. One dealer had just replenished his Pioneer stock a few days earlier. Had only one 1014 in stock. I went in and bought it from the store manager. His salesmen seemed to be oblivous to this model.
I don't know how much truth there is in the manager's statements; They receive one or two units a month and never advertise the 1014 model. He usually sells the unit within a couple of weeks of receiving it. The 1014 is not listed in his price sheets, this is what I heard from other dealers as well.

I was looking at the Onkyo 602 initially but read many forum threads praising the 1014 and it being better then the 602. It is apparently more equal to the Onkyo 702. I'll see in the next few days.

Cheers.

U

Unregistered

Etronics.com sells it for $379.99
this however does not include shipping and handling which goes for an additional $26 (this is for ground delivery).
Just for the record, I have bought from Etronics four different times and have been satisfied everytime for their prompt delivery and service. Hope this helps

B

BIG FISH

Junior Audioholic
FUTURE SHOP or BEST BUY

I just saw this receiver in one of weekly flyers up here in Canada. It seem to be at a good price from what I remember (under $800 CND., I think).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis