Cambridge Megaworks 550 - Subwoofer busted

H

Haroon

Audiophyte
Hi, I have owned and enjoyed my Cambridge Megaworks 550D 5.1 THX system since 2004. The subwoofer's board got fried a few months back and has been declared non repairable.

I still have the 5 satellite speakers and was wondering if I can hook them up with a different subwoofer? If yes, any reccomendations? Or any suggestions on a different use for the speakers?

I live in Pakistan, so choice is limited.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi and welcome! Check your local eBay for the same subwoofer it won’t work with a different subwoofer. If I were you I’d buy a newer system as they would be cheaper and more current with Bluetooth. Since those speakers are wireless they won’t work with anything else.

Last edited:
H

Haroon

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply. We dont have ebay in pakistan and shipping cost would be huge for the subwoofer if I try to get one from europe. Can I get the board from some online store?

One more thing, the speakers are wired.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the reply. We dont have ebay in pakistan and shipping cost would be huge for the subwoofer if I try to get one from europe. Can I get the board from some online store?

You can always get a cheap new/used 5.1 receiver and hook up your speakers and get new/used 8 or 10 inch subwoofer. Do you have a Craigslist or something similar there? Or is there a website that you shop often on?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Unfortunately it looks like you need to find another one that's the same or start over and get a whole new system. Those type of systems don't play very well with anything else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis