Cambridge audio cxr200 question

J

jeffinburlington

Audiophyte
Hello. I have a cxr200 and it occasionally shuts itself off ( randomly?) when watching TV from a cable box. I'm definitely not an audiophile so a friend set it all up for me years ago and everything, both audio and video, ultimately runs through the receiver as far as I know. Anyone have any ideas? Or need more info to come to a root cause? Thanks in advance for anything.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you playing at high volume when it happens? Checked the manual for troubleshooting ideas?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello. I have a cxr200 and it occasionally shuts itself off ( randomly?) when watching TV from a cable box. I'm definitely not an audiophile so a friend set it all up for me years ago and everything, both audio and video, ultimately runs through the receiver as far as I know. Anyone have any ideas? Or need more info to come to a root cause? Thanks in advance for anything.
With an issue like that, the first thing to do, is check the speaker wiring and make sure there on no wire whiskers on the back of the receiver or at any of the speakers, that could be causing an intermittent short in the speaker wiring.

The next thing to check is to make sure the unit has adequate ventilation. That means about 6" of space top, sides and back around the unit.

Is the unit hot, when it shuts down?

If the wiring is good and there is adequate ventilation with no overheating of the unit, then that unit is developing a serious internal fault that you will not fix.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis