William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ha! Talk about a can of worms! :)
Thanks for that, It does make more sense now. It'll be interesting to see how Audyssee sets my subs when I fire that up.
To answer another unasked question, I did intentionally place my subs asymmetrically on opposing walls, and not the front wall. It might be nice to experiment with adding a third... You don't happen to have an X-13 lying around, do you?;) I only need it for a week or 52. :D
Sorry brother, no extra subs here. Wish I could send you one.
FWIW, the asymmetrical placement is definitely not a silver bullet, but it has proven effective many times. You have to do why works(as long as you can live with that lol) My room happens to like my big subs up front and my mbm at the rear. Can’t speak for all systems but I have noticed by adding to the distance to the sub channel it has helped with impulse response(basically tighter bass) and smoothing the xo region. i believe this is because of the extra processing, and also dealing with the looong wavelengths present with bass. I have used rew for a few years and is how I verified all my adjustments. I used to use tones and spl meter in the old days. That seems like slamming my head in a door compared to rew/minidsp.

I would recommend using audyssey if nothing else for multeq xt32 w/subeq HT. You can then set audyssey to bypass where it will keep the subs eq’d but not mains. Xt32 is very good at subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis