S

Stefan L

Audiophyte
Hello,
Why don't I get such nice straight curves after my calibration that everyone else gets?
Have calibrated with Marantz 5012 using MultEQ-app.
Are there any god tips to get these nice straight curves.
Image 1 is mine, and the other one is copy from the web.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I guess these are of the speakers in your flat panel tv ?

S

Stefan L

Audiophyte
Speakers spec.
Front: TDL RTL 3, 90dB, 8ohm, 35Hz-20KHz.
Center: Jamo 100, 90 dB, 8 ohm.
Surrond: Mirage OS3 sat, 89dB, 8 ohm, 70-20KHz.
Subwoof: Sunfire True Subwoofer MK-II, 18Hz-75Hz.
Marantz 5012.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hard to say. But to be clear, the RED response curve is just a target, or what audyssey “thinks” it can do. It’s just predictive, not an actual response. You’d have to download REW and use a microphone like the Umik-1 to measure. The reason the others are so flat could be many things. The one you shared for example doesn’t look too bad to start out with, so its target curve is better. There’s no way on earth it measures that flat in reality.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They're pretty horrible graphs, too (the graphs and layout themselves). Like William said, if you want a real measurement of what's going on, get REW and a measurement mic....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Speakers spec.
Front: TDL RTL 3, 90dB, 8ohm, 35Hz-20KHz.
Center: Jamo 100, 90 dB, 8 ohm.
Surrond: Mirage OS3 sat, 89dB, 8 ohm, 70-20KHz.
Subwoof: Sunfire True Subwoofer MK-II, 18Hz-75Hz.
Marantz 5012.
The only speakers that are any good there are the TDL RTL3 speakers. These are TLs. and came to market early 2000s. John Wight owner of TDL died in 1999. He was one of the greatest speaker designers of all time. He spent years with a design before releasing it. So I suspect this speaker was work in progress when he died.

Anyhow this is a measured FR of those speakers axis, 30 and 60 degrees off axis. Note the nice second order roll off below F3.

These are your TDL speakers, I presume.

So if you are going multichannel you need speakers of comparable quality. So my guess is that the rest of your speakers are shooting the TDL speakers in the foot.

I can tell you one other thing, is that auto Eq programs like that Audyssey you are using, are pretty much guaranteed to ruin any decent speakers like your TDLs.

I have three systems and Audyssey is a massive downgrade to all of them. So far I have no time for those systems and I think they are based on a totally false premise.

My guess is that you will be best served by switching off Audyssey, and just enjoying the TDLs. Absolutely deep six that Sunfire Sub. I know those and they sound absolutely awful. They just go ponk!

You are really fortunate to own those TDLs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis