S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So... I've been able to read a fair bit today. There's so much frickin info out there:D:eek:

I just finished building my Ultimax 18. It's sweet. I like it a lot. My measurements on the other hand... not as sweet. Modes up the yin yang. I know it's all fixable, so I'm happy about that.

Is it safe to think that a pair of ported subs can get me that low end output, and that 18 can fill in the midbass?

In my reading today I see that the most optimal way to handle things is to eq individually, then apply a global eq at the very end. Would that global eq be take a little away from the ported output as well as the sealed output?

At this point I'm thinking about getting myself to the best possible "starting point" by selling my PC-2000, a PB-1000 I have in another room, getting the dual drive VTF-3 MK5, putting the Dayton where my PB currently resides, and going from there?

Do I need to take crazy pills?:p
I would just EQ the entire system at the end. But you can achieve the same result by EQing the subs individually. I wouldn't want to use too many layers of EQ and processing though. It's possible that it will all add up to a LOT of group delay by the end.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis