Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I'll confess I actually bought some Monster speaker cables that were originally over $100 for $14.00 on closeout at CompUSA...(which appears to be on its way out also) They're the gnarly looking ones that came in their own case with the nice techflex and cable pants. Anyway, my dog could hear the difference while he was licking himself in the driveway...;)

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this, and I know the response I'm deservedly going to get in this forum, but I've just spent some fairly serious money on a 3m pair of Nordost Heimdall speaker cable.

Historically I've always been a cable nay-sayer. I've told people till I was blue in the face that cables don't really make a difference. I've read many articles that illustrate quite clearly that you can't hear a difference in a blind scenario. I have a degree in theoretical physics and have a reasonably good grasp of what's going on under the hood as well, and I know deep down that it makes no sense.

But I still bought them.

Of course, when I put them into my system I thought I heard a difference, but I'm absolutely willing to accept that such a difference would disappear under controlled testing, and is all in my head. The thing is, for some reason I don't care. I sleep easier in my bed knowing I have them, and it's not just for bragging rights. Truly, I'm ashamed that I've done this and that I didn't have the courage of my convictions. I'm keeping them, though.

I feel a little better now that I've got that off my chest. Am I still even allowed to lurk here? Is this the stupidest thing you've ever heard? :confused: :) Si
You are being honest with yourself that the cables probably make no difference in sound quality. If it improves your listen pleasure and you are not spending your rent money on them, why not.

Nick

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I do appreciate your sense of humor Diapason. No ill will is meant here, only a good little roasting.
;)
I will say, if you want to feel good and can part with cash so easily, you could help me out with a few components.
:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'll confess I actually bought some Monster speaker cables that were originally over $100 for $14.00 on closeout at CompUSA...(which appears to be on its way out also) They're the gnarly looking ones that came in their own case with the nice techflex and cable pants. Anyway, my dog could hear the difference while he was licking himself in the driveway...;)
At $14 even I might have bought that deal for my boombox no less :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep and remember; I got that fancy Monster sub cable for 3 bucks last week. I hooked it up and it sounds so much better that I am thinking of hooking it up to my Sony HTIB and selling my real gear...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis