Cabinets racks with wheels

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Hello people. I want a new cabinet or rack. I would like something with wheels for easy access. Wife likes BDI. I look at BDI and I see BMR monitors!

this is what I have
DC49D5CC-73DD-49A6-9B05-C34023E4067E.jpeg

Any suggestions?

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Salamander Synergy is what I have, heavy duty wheels make moving it quite easy even with well over 300 pounds of gear on it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
People like Salamander. My leanings are to something more functional than aesthetic. I also prefer open racks to anything with doors.
I do know Salamander has ventilation solutions as well. I think that is important if you want something with doors.

What are you requirements? How much space do you need? How big is your largest piece of equipment with cables poking out behind it?
;)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I made this one took most of a winter in my shop it sets on 6 heavy duty casters or wheels has a built in intergrated column for my tv Omni mount that can be adjusted up down any where in between. It’s got 4 adjustable shelves in each compartment but has 3 shelves not used . It’s heavy and we’ll built but tools out from the wall with ease. I realize cabinet work isn’t for everyone but it’s better that I could buy .

Attachments

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I made this one took most of a winter in my shop it sets on 6 heavy duty casters or wheels has a built in intergrated column for my tv Omni mount that can be adjusted up down any where in between. It’s got 4 adjustable shelves in each compartment but has 3 shelves not used . It’s heavy and we’ll built but tools out from the wall with ease. I realize cabinet work isn’t for everyone but it’s better that I could buy .
Nice work. Is it maple?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Nice work. Is it maple?
It’s made out of cabinet grade oak and trimmed in quarter sawn oak and some walnut. The front face is trimmed out in curly quarter sawn white oak .
Thank you very much !

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Here are a few cabinets for rack mounting equipment. There's nothing preventing you from adding wheels or casters on some:

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
People like Salamander. My leanings are to something more functional than aesthetic. I also prefer open racks to anything with doors.
I do know Salamander has ventilation solutions as well. I think that is important if you want something with doors.

What are you requirements? How much space do you need? How big is your largest piece of equipment with cables poking out behind it?
;)
Main components are the Denon 4500 and the Monolith 5. I like them enclosed and on the bottom due to weight. 22” deep. Other components are DTV box, Blueray, etc. maybe 30” tall.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis