zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Zieg. I have some bumper feet here somewhere. But where is the better question......LOL!!!!! No need for Mo-Pads if it isn't going to make much difference.
Stick them on the bottom of the speaker or stick them on top of the stand and
then set the speaker on them.

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
Are you sure it's not something else - like maybe the computer monitor or other thing on your desk that's rattling?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
^^^My thought as well. My usual resonance culprits have been wall hanging pictures, but a bit of putty between frame and wall has solved that. Like was suggested, try running sweeps and walking around to isolate the specific point. Putting something laying around under the speaker should easily tell you if that's the speaker/stand interface or not. Didn't know what a mo-pad was until now, seems awfully expensive for what it does.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Are you sure it's not something else - like maybe the computer monitor or other thing on your desk that's rattling?
No Char it is coming from either the left 305 or the stand. It actually sounds more like it is the stand. Going to be moving things around yet again very soon. When I do, will be sure to narrow it down and go from there. Might end up with a set of the Mo-Pads before it is all said and done.

Cheers,

Phil

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Adding some Texas red oak 1x2 braces,

Adding some polyfill, cotton, fiber or mineral wool would help a lot.

You could also line the walls with some peel n seal roofing material.

The last might actually be the best if the walls are thin. It's an easy way to mass damp a panel. The easiest is just adding the fill. You can use an old pillow for material to save some coin too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You can always swap the L and R speakers and see if the resonance followed the speaker or stayed with the stand!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You can always swap the L and R speakers and see if the resonance followed the speaker or stayed with the stand!
Yeah Kurt, will do that once I move my desk where my kitchen table is currently sitting. Got the super glue off of my table. Just not sure exactly where I am going to place it once I move my desk. I agree swapping the speakers will help to identify the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
No Char it is coming from either the left 305 or the stand. It actually sounds more like it is the stand. Going to be moving things around yet again very soon. When I do, will be sure to narrow it down and go from there. Might end up with a set of the Mo-Pads before it is all said and done.

Cheers,

Phil
That's cool. I just saw all those things hanging around and just wanted to cover all the bases.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's cool. I just saw all those things hanging around and just wanted to cover all the bases.
No problem Char. Thanks for mentioning it. Got a lot of work to do yet and move things around again. That is such a pain in the arse to do. Plus, may need to order some new cabling, and etc. Got a rat's nest in behind my TV right now. Just want to clean things up a bit. However, need to decide where to place what first and then order said cabling. Sure in no real hurry and I don't move as fast as I used too.....LOL!!!! Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phi

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis