buzzing noise coming from nowhere?

J

jason

Audiophyte
hi, i need your help folks..

im running an Onkyo TXSR602 reciever with a Paradigm Performance Series setup (5 speaks and a sub), everything is practically brand new, about 1 year old. when i first set it all up it was sexy. after a about 6 months i noticed a buzz in the background that im quite sure hadnt been there before. i was able to rid myself of this noise by simply turning off and then on again my reciever.

well now the buzz pops up all the time, ill just be hanging out watching tv and all of a sudden ill notice a change in sound, i mute the receiver and sure enough there is a buzz. im always able to get rid of it by just turning the reciever off and then back on.. i think once or twice the buzz stayed through 2 or 3 on/off cycles.

anyone got any ideas? aside from redoing all my connections? that would be a nightmare.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
jason said:
hi, i need your help folks..

im running an Onkyo TXSR602 reciever with a Paradigm Performance Series setup (5 speaks and a sub), everything is practically brand new, about 1 year old. when i first set it all up it was sexy. after a about 6 months i noticed a buzz in the background that im quite sure hadnt been there before. i was able to rid myself of this noise by simply turning off and then on again my reciever.

well now the buzz pops up all the time, ill just be hanging out watching tv and all of a sudden ill notice a change in sound, i mute the receiver and sure enough there is a buzz. im always able to get rid of it by just turning the reciever off and then back on.. i think once or twice the buzz stayed through 2 or 3 on/off cycles.

anyone got any ideas? aside from redoing all my connections? that would be a nightmare.
Since no one helped yet, let's experiment. The next time you hear that buzz, mute the system and unplug the video and audio into the receiver that has anything to do with the cable TV and report back. By the way, is this in all the main speakers?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis