M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
I have found some vendor through forums who sells speakers and gives better discount than usual. Does not have a website or store. Works from home. I have to prepay through PayPal.

My worry is if I prepay but never get the speakers? I don't know how well I am protected through PayPal? Has anyone ever done business with any vendor like this?

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Never have, never would.
If price sounds too good to be true, it is.
- No website or store, it is a scam. Run Luke run!
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have found some vendor through forums who sells speakers and gives better discount than usual. Does not have a website or store. Works from home. I have to prepay through PayPal.

My worry is if I prepay but never get the speakers? I don't know how well I am protected through PayPal? Has anyone ever done business with any vendor like this?
How long has he been on the forum that you found him on? Ask him for references on the forum. If you are new to the forum, PM the moderators or established members and ask if they know anything about him.
Why not share his name with us? There is a very good chance someone here will know something about him if he is legit and has been around for long.
Not having a website is pretty strange, but then again, if I was running a scam, a website is a pretty easy way to reassure buyers with very little real cost!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis