R

Raye Humphries

Audiophyte
For awhile, I've been looking for a pair active noise canceling headphones and I decided that if I got any I would buy the Sony MDR-1000x. (I ended up choosing these because the noise cancellation didn't 'hurt' or annoy my ears like other ones did.)

For me, they're really expensive ($400), so I looked up some used ones for sale on eBay. I found some around $150, which is a good price for me. I was wondering if anyone would discourage me buying them used for some reason.

Part of the reason I don't want to buy them full price is that I wouldn't use them all the time, just every once in awhile for travel. I want to protect my hearing, and when I travel I listen to really loud volumes for extended periods. I thought the noise cancellation would help.

I've looked at Klipsch (S4i and S6i and others) which I've read have great noise isolation. I was considering those too.

Any tips?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nothing wrong with used cans IF you know they are in good condition and they haven't been abused.

R

Raye Humphries

Audiophyte
The only website I know to look on is eBay and Amazon. Does anyone know any other websites I can look on?

Eddie14

Eddie14

Enthusiast
As long as the used one is in good condition, you can just have it. Can you check the quality before paying? or any guaranty that you could return after buying?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis