Built the Statements! Never have I heard better speakers!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I just built these:

These sound better than the $120,000 Focal Grande Utopia EM EVO speakers and easily get louder than them. I had the guy at ListenUP crank the Focal speakers with their 888 watt Moon amps and the midrange started to crackle. Not once has my mid range crackled on my Statements! These are the ones to build guys!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pics or it didn't happen! :p

Really tho... we love pics! Have any of your build?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Sorry no pics. I haven't had time to paint them with duratex even yet. Couldn't wait to hear them.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry no pics. I haven't had time to paint them with duratex even yet. Couldn't wait to hear them.
man I took a look see from your link very very nice tower’s! wish I had a place to build a pair! Post up some pics if you can we like looking at Naked speakers on AH. :)

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I dont have a camera just a computer and a cheap cell phone that i dont get on the net with. I do all my web surfing on my alien ware computer.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I, for one, would really enjoy a side-by-side comparo:
1585401884399.png

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I, for one, would really enjoy a side-by-side comparo:
View attachment 34899
Those focals are gorgeous!!!
They always remind me of these guys though...lol

Reminds me. If you’ve never seen any animusic before, you should. It’s amazingly entertaining, especially for musicians that can see each element in the environment has its own distinct sound. My younger kids are both 12yo and still ask to watch these. @Pogre, you’d especially like “Gyro Drums” especially with those capable subs you got. There’s. Section where the “drummers” step down through various sized drums ending up with the largest one at the bottom. It should pulse through your whole house. Fun.
Haven’t tried YouTube but might work.
Ok bye.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I dont have a camera just a computer and a cheap cell phone that i dont get on the net with. I do all my web surfing on my alien ware computer.
Take the photos on your phone (try to make sure you have very good light or photos likely to be not as good)
Connect the phone to your Allen ware computer with a USB cable and upload the files to imgur.com
share the links here ("insert a image", click on by URL. paste the URL)
They don't have to be finished. We love to see work in progress.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Just got my SPL meter and at my listening position 17 feet from the Statements they hit 96.3db with AC/DC "Thunderstruck". I didnt realize how loud 96.3db was. I was thinking it was closer to 105db. I am guessing they could hit 100db if I really cranked them.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Is that stack of cubes subwoofage, power supply, or both?!
here's the spec sheet......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Those are for high end Audiophiles! :p
with very large rooms in which to listen. I actually got to listen to them many years ago when they made their North American debut @ Overture Audio in Wilmington, De. Wow was an understatement !

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Those Martin Logan speakers look awesome! I have a question.... does it only matter how far the speakers are away from you or does ceiling height and width of the room also determine your speakers SPL?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Those Martin Logan speakers look awesome! I have a question.... does it only matter how far the speakers are away from you or does ceiling height and width of the room also determine your speakers SPL?
Speakers are linear, Low Frequencies (Subs, for example) are Omni-directional (just due to the length of the soundwave bouncing around the room). Though I haven't seen a cut off, proper, ever defined, I would expect that it is somewhere in the 200-300Hz range at a minimum, but maybe around 400-500Hz where soundwaves will tend to act more linear.
So the linear distance then is the main key. In a very large room with little to no boundary reinforcement you would lose 6dB with every doubling of distance. In a smaller room with boundary reinforcement, it would be -3dB for every doubling of distance.
(Any corrections to that would be welcome!) :)

To the second part of that question, Room dimensions will effect the movement of all soundwaves, but room volume really only effects the lowest frequencies in terms of pressurization effect. So, the reflections will change with ceiling height, distance from walls, etc... but that won't be an SPL effect... and neither would it apply to Subs as far as I know and understand.
(Again, corrections welcome!) :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
with very large rooms in which to listen. I actually got to listen to them many years ago when they made their North American debut @ Overture Audio in Wilmington, De. Wow was an understatement !
Lucky You!!!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
When someone says their speakers can hit 110db do they mean at the main seating position or 1 meter from the speaker?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis