B

Brettc

Audioholic
Recommendations for software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Brettc

Audioholic
Other sources will include surveillance cameras, plex or storage for movies , mostly I want the latest and best for controlling my music which I’m still building . I would like to start with a good pc

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Software for what? Ripping your CD's, playback, etc.?

I would recommend a custom PC for more flexibility and future expansion (data storage, memory, etc.).

B

Brettc

Audioholic
I would like to do some photo editing also and if I right it overclocks when you do that

Spinningbull

Spinningbull

Enthusiast
Check out roon and arm (automatic ripping machine). I have both running on my PC. Endpoints are separate though, PC is only the server.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW when I used HTPCs (for many, many years) I made sure that it's only job was being a media PC. Having one PC try to do tons of other jobs can make things act up. That all depends on the software you use of course, but if you want a photo editing PC to also host media, play back media, rip media, and everything else under the sun IMHO you'd be better off letting one PC do the media playback and have another for everything else.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I had dedicated HTPCs for years...I use Nvidia Shields now. You can run a Plex server off one too. Much easier, more stable, and cheaper.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis