B

bennyk

Audiophyte
So I need your help. I am going to be upgrading my 12 year old Technics receiver (Dolbly Pro Logic 4 channel, no digital inputs, no component video inputs) with a 5 year old Onkyo TX-DS787 (6.1, DTS, THX select, with component inputs and digital audio inputs). So I currently have a pair of Cerwin Vega RE-25s for my fronts, a JBL N-Center 1, and rears are Paradigm Titans. I know my center should match my fronts but it doesnt and I really dont have money to get new fronts... Anyways, here is my question. Does it make sense for me to get a sub even though my fronts have 10" woofers? And if it does make sense, which sub is better betweeen the AS-P300 and the Dayon? Those two I can afford, the AS-P4000 is about $70 more than the other two. So if the other two are crap than I will need to look into the AS-P4000. Or does it make more sense to get the Micra 6 and get rid of what I have? I am very confused what to do So please help me.

I mainly use it for movies and TV but sometimes music. The room is a small living room with a 57" cinema series HDTV. There is one opening in the room that goes to the hallway and kitchen. Room is about 16X10??? Thanks for the help guys.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The micra 6 is a great system but remember, it's a system that sells for $300 or so. As such, it's quite a bargain. But, if you want to drop some more money into separates and a real sub you can do better

Given my druthers, I'd go for the big Dayton over any of the Athena subs, and the rest of my system IS Athena. About the only time I could justify the use of an Athena sub is if it's going to be used with bookshelves or mini speakers, or extremely bass shy towers.

Remember, it's called a SUB woofer because it's job is to go lower than your woofers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis