Budget Component Cables

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
I have been searching for 3' component video cables. I want decent quality for the price and don't believe in paying alot of money for the snake oil out there. These are some of the cables I have come across. Does anyone have some experience with these?

Radioshack does not have 3' component cables, but tech support said that the 3' gold A/V cables (yellow,red,white ends) are technically the same.

NGX Pro
http://www.buyextras.com/nxgproppecoc3.html

Python cables
http://www.cablesnmor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=193

Pacificcable.com(these may be same as above)
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=254-503IV

More expensive:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/comp-video.html#av

Thank you for your input.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Radio Shack is where I would (and do) buy my cables. Good stuff at a fair price IMO. The only thing I don't like at Radio Shack is that they now sell Monster cables and a sales person there told me that he had been instructed by management to "recommend" the Monster cables to the customers. However Radio Shack still has their normal assortment of their own branded stuff and that's what I buy.

T

TMASD2002

Enthusiast
Try this site:

www.avcablesource.com

They have a couple of different grades of cables and are quite affordable. The cables come with a lifetime guarantee as well, can't beat that! :D

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
Do a search here on pacific cables.

SPECIFICALLY, for component video, they have some very good cables, at VERY REASONABLE prices. I think they were called viper or something like that.

Also, partsexpress.com has their datyona cables, that are resonably priced, and very good.

T

TMASD2002

Enthusiast
I would match the cables from AVCablesource against the Bluejeans cables anytime.

I have purchased cables from both and each is excellent! AVCablesource gave me a better price.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
I would match the cables from AVCablesource against the Bluejeans cables anytime.
At AVCablesource they do not tell you what type of cable they are using or what it is tested to. At bluejeanscable you know and can pick what cable you want to use. Plus it will be tested to 3Ghz.

T

TMASD2002

Enthusiast
AVCablesource is an authorized reseller for Impact Acoustics and their Sonicwave meets the specifications of Bluejeans Cables.

Plus they offer a lifetime guarantee on all cables sold, I don't see that on the Bluejeans site.

S

Slice

Enthusiast
I'm curious as to what would fail after 30 days that wouldn't fail before 30 days, cable-wise?

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
AVCablesource is an authorized reseller for Impact Acoustics and their Sonicwave meets the specifications of Bluejeans Cables.
Were does it say they are tested to 3Ghz?

Plus they offer a lifetime guarantee on all cables sold, I don't see that on the Bluejeans site.
The cable you buy today will be the same in 100 years.

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
Belden cables at Blue Jeans Cables are excellent cables. It is just that you get hosed when you buy a short legnth, such as 3'. The price/foot is 4-5X when compared to longer legnths. If I needed a long run, I would definitely go for the Belden cables. Now I just want a good pair of interconnects for my DVD and HDTV cable box to go to an A-B switch. I have ordered the NXG Pro cables from BuyExtras.com. These look as good as anything twice their price (A high-end retailer posted a price of over $40 for these on their website until I let them know that they were going for a fraction of that price). I'll let you know how they are when I get them.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
A Hyundai can look like a Honda. But I don't think any of you would choose a Hyundai over a Honda, would you? :confused:

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
I have ordered the NXG Pro cables from BuyExtras.com.
So you bought a cable with no information on its construction and without any information to see how the cable performes in tests?

These look as good as anything twice their price
So you buy a cable based on its looks? Real smart.

snakeyes

snakeyes

Audioholic Intern
zumbo said:
A Hyundai can look like a Honda. But I don't think any of you would choose a Hyundai over a Honda, would you? :confused:
well if your talking about for functionality. you could walk out of your house get into your hyundai drive 55-85mph to and still get there. or you could do the same with your honda only diff would be you would look better in your honda.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis